Looking for the "Busses" among folders!

Benchmade Adamas 275 comes to mind. It's a beast. I would take one over any Strider or ZT. And it comes in an all black model too.

As a Busse collector of 18 years, I have finally found and bought a folder at Blade 2011, of which I thought when I picked it up, "If Busse built a folder, this is how they would build it." The LionSteel SR1.

Contact Kershawguy & get you a 0560. It's thick, beefy, & elmax (which scrapyard is using now). It's as close to a Busse (kin) folder you're gonna get right now. And the price from Kershawguy is fanfriggintastic!

While a bit on the large side, I've found the ZT200 to be Busse-esque in some regards. It's just a tad bit overbuilt like many of Busses fixed blades, while at the same time retaining excellent ergonomics. With that being said the G-10 is kinda on the rough side and can be hard on the pockets.

As a Busse collector of 18 years, I have finally found and bought a folder at Blade 2011, of which I thought when I picked it up, "If Busse built a folder, this is how they would build it." The LionSteel SR1.

+1 This.

Funny enough, the Lionsteel even looks a little like a Busse!

No love for the VECP?

Oh, and what about the D2 steel of the adamas ? Is it any good, compared to S30V or elmax?

Last edited:
Any more thoughts? I've decided to order the 300, 560 and Adamas, and try out what feels best for me.

Spyderco unfortunately doesn't seem to attract me just as much, I guess I'm not that fond of their design...

Oh boy, just saw a team gemini with black blade and orange handle! I could spend all my money on busses, incredible looking knife!

Oh, and I'll order a Smf as well of course...

Probably a Strider when you take into consideration warranty. I still say the CRK Umnumzaan would be the tougher, higher quality folder, but they won't cover abuse like Strider supposedly does.

From over 100 folders I own/use Im going with ZT0561 or my spyderco tuff. Regret selling my microtech amphibian, god I loved that beast. Still need a strider, this thread isnt helping.

IMO there is no such thing as a "Busse" equivalent in folders. If you beat on a folder, it will break. Locks rely on too many small parts to be reliable in an abusive situation (spine whack any folder enough times and it will fail).

Right now the most reliable locks on the market are the Tri Ad lock and the Compression lock (honorable mention goes to the Axis lock). I would pick any folder with one of those and use a fixed blade for jobs that need a sturdy blade.

Another vote for the SR-1, but I predict you'll eventually want a knife you can use without having to take weight training to carry it around. I knew the moment I first picked up my SR-1that I would be selling it.

If you need a folder that weighs that much then you really need a fixed blade IMO.

Another vote for the SR-1, but I predict you'll eventually want a knife you can use without having to take weight training to carry it around. I knew the moment I first picked up my SR-1that I would be selling it.

If you need a folder that weighs that much then you really need a fixed blade IMO.

Up to 8 ounces is nothing to carry around.
Bulk is more of a factor than weight.
As for fixed blades, if I'm not in a situation where I can belt carry it with a dangler sheath or on a pack, forget it. It friggin HATE the way the handles dig in when you bend or otherwise move around.

Back