Looking for thoughts on strong folders

I'd say a ZT would be excellent given your rather high price point. That said, I have beat the dog crap out of my Junk Yard Dog II, and it's still going strong. Great knife for $50.

Well, it's hard to beat the Spyderco Gayle Bradley for a knife that's actually used in a fairly demanding environment, but it's made in Taiwan.
Zero Tolerance puts out some pretty good stuff.
I just got a Benchmade 810 and 275. The 810 is nice, but just doesn't feel right in my hand. The 275 Adamas made me smile immediately. The 275 is a STOUT mofo that can do some serious hard work.
When I go back to the country I'll likely carry my 275. Here in the city it is big enough to scare the sheeple, so a smaller EDC is my choice.
Lovin' that 275...

True killgar my computer,iPod,phone, alot of the stuff i use in an average day is from another country

I believe you get what you pay for on somethings and and best quality knives I've owned where USA made.
Fair enough. I just hate to see people rule-out what might otherwise be perfectly good knives at affordable prices simply because they don't have "Made in the USA" stenciled on them. I'm sure there are many on this forum who have put their foreign-made folders through extensive hard-use with absolute satisfaction. Foreign-made doesn't by any means equal junk.

I often wonder exactly what "Made in the USA" means when it appears on a knife or blade. Does it mean the blade was made in the US, or does it mean the steel, or does it mean the entire knife. I also don't overlook the possibility that manufacturers might put "Made in the USA" on a blade in an effort to convince/fool people into believing that the entire knife was made in the US. It could just be a marketing trick to inrcease sales to people who believe that "Made in the USA" products are superior.

I have a few fixed-blades that I know the blades were cut, shaped, ground, heat-treated, finished, and assembled in the US, but I don't know where the steel, screws, or micarta for the handles came from.

I say, use what you like, use what feels right in your hand, use what you think will do the job, and use what you can afford, because the bottom line is, you really have no way of knowing where it was all made, where the quality comes from, or how its various origins will affect its performance.

Good luck in your search.

Buck/TOPS CSAR-T. I don't know it's country of origin, but it meets all your other criteria.

Also, Grayman Satu:

DSCN0099-thumb-472x152-1227.jpg

May be a bit above your price, but you will not need another folder. Ever.

Back