Looking for Traditional Knife for the Wife

Pearl is pretty, but boy is it smooth which equals slippery, so I would take care if she did chose one with those scales.

Check this out at BladeHQ one of the paid dealership folks here seen at this link

Locking Damascus blade, small yet sturdy.

G2

I popped back in to suggest a Buck 505 but naturally it too has already been suggested. I went to war with a 425 which is basically a plastic version of that knife and never felt wanting for a blade. :)

Thank you for making this way more complicated!

Boker Boy Scout honeycomb is absolutions awesome! Just to heavy for me to think it will work long term for her. I will be watching for one for the right price for me.

503 is near the the top, thinking I need to order one custom from buck.

Emerald lockback Case XX is a contender.

Wild card is Barlow Boker Prime burl wood.

Thank for confusing the crap out of me! Really enjoying digging into some knifes that I really haven’t looked at before! Looks like I have to buy multiple knives...

Either a 505 or a 503 from the Buck Custom Shop might be a good choice. They recently added Sunset Jigged Bone and Ruby Red Jigged Bone to the handle options. It can take up to 6 weeks to get one but the price is right around your limit and they are nice.

505 in Buckeye Burl. About 2 3/4 inches closed with a 1 7/8 inch blade. Probably a bit small for her.
View attachment 1278388

503 in Sunset Jigged Bone. About 3 3/8 inches closed with a 2 1/2 inch blade.
View attachment 1278389

These Boker Boy Scouts are nice and seem like they might fit your description but they are small and probably cost too much. Just tossing it out there because I'll bet she would really like this model.
View attachment 1278394
Wow! I REALLY like the look of that Boker.

061119-Caribbean-Acrylic.jpg

061119-Crusader-Acrylic-Templar.jpg

Thank you for making this way more complicated!

Boker Boy Scout honeycomb is absolutions awesome! Just to heavy for me to think it will work long term for her. I will be watching for one for the right price for me.

503 is near the the top, thinking I need to order one custom from buck.

Emerald lockback Case XX is a contender.

Wild card is Barlow Boker Prime burl wood.

Thank for confusing the crap out of me! Really enjoying digging into some knifes that I really haven’t looked at before! Looks like I have to buy multiple knives...

I'm admittedly biased but of what you named, I'd lean heavily to the Mini Copperlock. It's so slim and light and the blade is nice and thin so it will keep on cutting long after the keen edge is gone. You can even open and close it one handed with a little practice. The mid-lock makes use very natural. Not taking anything away from the others, especially the Buck (have a 501 on order), but I like me some Mini Copperlock. :D

hL0oJDq.jpg

Okay, Case Mini Copperlock inbound in clover bone.

Hope the color is as good as the online pictures.

Case did a range with Ivy green bone..with carved in ivy patterns...I gave my wife a small stockman version.....mind you she now hates me and has utterly betrayed and ripped me off...I bet she still carries that thing in her purse or whatever....Im beginning to think she never really liked my knife collecting.:D

Back