Looks like the Benchmade Blackwood 630 is shipping

What are those little colored bead thingies on the handle all about? Why are they there? I think I would rather not have them unless they serve some purpose. If they're just decorative, I don't suppose they can be easily/cleanly removed?

selfinflicted said:
What are those little colored bead thingies on the handle all about? Why are they there? I think I would rather not have them unless they serve some purpose. If they're just decorative, I don't suppose they can be easily/cleanly removed?

They are purely cosmetic elements, just like on the custom Skirmish. You could bead-blast them off I guess.

here is a size comparison I think a lot of folks can relate to And yes the 630 is everything we all thought it'd be

So is this our first actual confirmation that they are indeed in the hands of a consumer??

TheBadGuy said:
So is this our first actual confirmation that they are indeed in the hands of a consumer??

There are reports on the benchmade forum that others do have them in hand. I'm hoping to hear more feedback from people who have them.

Several other enthusiast Forums are also filled with happy "in-hand" early reviews of this product as well.

Duane at EDC Knives also posted a picture of him opening, literally, a boxfull of these awesome puppies.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Hmmm.. i can't seem to find that first pic on the plazacutlery site: they have several other Benchmade models, but no sign of the Skirmish.
Sigh. They're sold out, anyway, i just called...

Guys, I am waiting for a co worker to bring his digital camera to work, but this knife is awesome. The knife is huge :) It makes an Emerson Commander or a Terzuola ATCF look small :eek: :eek: But, it handles well. The lockup is solid, and the edge is excellent. I used and carried mine all weekend, a hell of a user. The pocket clip allows for deep pocket carry, another excellent advantage. I am going to have Lifter make me a leather belt pouch as well.

I have not been fired up about a production knife for a long time. This knife is awesome. I think I need to get at least 1 more, maybe 2 ;)

DBH said:
Guys, I am waiting for a co worker to bring his digital camera to work, but this knife is awesome.

I need one of these knives. I am hoping pictures will help tide me over. This is going to be a huge seller for Benchmade. They scored a real coup when they got Neil on board the design team.

A 7-ounce folder? Is this a more-for-your-money approach that equates more weight = great value?

Perhaps I'll wait until Benchmade announces a full-pound folder.

many people are getting into mega folders. There were a couple of posts stating that the 630 wasn't big enough. Since it's already a hair over 4", they wanted BM to go all out to 5+

For all of you thinking of ordering one. You owe it to yourself to call 1SKS. Their price beats some of those listed already. They are still filling PreOrders with their shipment, but more are expected soon! ;) Just a thought, since their price is great AND it helps support the forums. :D

ArchAngel said:
For all of you thinking of ordering one. You owe it to yourself to call 1SKS. Their price beats some of those listed already. They are still filling PreOrders with their shipment, but more are expected soon! ;) Just a thought, since their price is great AND it helps support the forums. :D

lol, ordered one and bought another gold membership just a little earlier. :D

This is a mega folder. Big and strong. I like large folders, blade lengths over 3.5", and I love them. I use them constantly at work. This one is a great EDC for sure, and priced under half of waht I paid for my customs :p

ArchAngel said:

Now you tell me :eek: About 30 minutes after I place my order with TAD I find this post. With shipping it's a seven buck difference. I can live with that. I just can't wait to get my mits on one.

KS

Dennis, I am still waiting on a camera. A scanner doesn't do this knife justice :mad:

I have had mine since last week and it is an awesome knife. Incredibly smooth and the bang for the buck factor is HUGE. I have pics but no posting priveledges . . . sorry! I will say that you would be missing out not to get one of these!

Just got done opening the package and am extremely impressed! As big as it is, it is relatively light and is perfectly balanced. Fit and finish is excellent and it locks up perfectly.

Back