Lost my TG today

ugh I feel so stupid.
I left my TG on my bumper while camping, and then went for some offroading, and forgot it was on my bumper.
Retraced my steps and never found it.
Sigh, ill miss that knife.

Now I'm down to 1 busse, the nmfbm.

jggAHbL.jpg

My brother had a BG Park Ranger that came loose of the dangler part of the sheath and dropped to the ground while hiking. We spent hours looking for it and never found it. I suspect one day I'll stumble across it still in its kydex sheath and I'm super curious how it will have fared in the elements. Been almost two years now out in the woods.

I don't put stuff on top of my truck bed covering any longer for the same reason. No matter how hard I try, I won't remember that I put something there before driving off. Sucks that it was your TG.

Ugh. That sucks, man. Reminds me of a time when exactly the opposite happened. I was 17 or 18 and we scored a case of Budweiser. I set a half full can on the bed rail of my truck to do something when the police showed up to run us out of the parking lot we were hanging out in. I cruised up and down the main drag, right past parked police cars for probably half an hour with that red and white can riding on the side of my truck until someone told me about it. I had a crazy cam that made my truck feel like a paint can shaker under the hood. I still have no idea how it didnt fall off at the very first stoplight. Lol!

Well... it IS a TG. Have you examined the underside of your jeep? It MIGHT have stuck itself into the frame to ride along, and is still there. :D
But seriously, that sucks. TGLB? TG14?
At least Busse is selling the TGULB nowadays. They're good knives. I bought two. Because 2 is 1, 1 is none.... and besides, I might want to double-wield one o' these days.

Well... it IS a TG. Have you examined the underside of your jeep? It MIGHT have stuck itself into the frame to ride along, and is still there. :D
At least Busse is selling the TGULB nowadays. They're good knives. I bought two. Because 2 is 1, 1 is none.... and besides, I might want to double-wield one o' these days.

This^^^

but seriously, we mourn your loss along with you...now get back out there with a metal detector!!! That model is too precious to lose!!!

Plus if you were moving fast, the TG could have tumbled end over end to the opposite side of the road or a good distance up the shoulder on your side of travel. At any rate I wouldn't restrict my search to just the shoulders...I would look in tall grass up on embankments, etc.

At least the yellow jacket color scheme may make it easier to find! You've got that on your side, at least! :cool:

Last edited:
Huh, that is both sad and annoying.

I lost my ten years old, loved EDC Victorinox Bundeswehr in the same situation.

Never put anything on the car. This was an expensive tuition fee. Sorry to hear.

Do You often go there? I hope next time You will find it. I wish You that to happen.

That sucks !!!! Sorry to hear it.

Nearly lost the bolt out of my .300Win the same way back in the 80s up in the Northern Territory.....sat it on the bow of the small boat we were towing....hit a bump down the track a little and saw it bounce up and land back on the bow.....had my mate who was driving stop carefully and retrieved it.....would have been a bastatrd to loose up there while on a trip of a lifetime (I was 16).

So sorry to hear... I can't even imagine losing any of my Bussekin... That is just crushing!

Hope you could find it at some point!

It was an original TG, not tglb, I've been told.

Back