Lost one of my favorites! (Found)

Bigfattyt

Gold Member
So, yesterday, I got home from work and realized one of my favorite knives had not made it home from the office. Before I could sleep, I checked the suit pockets again. Under my car seat, and all in the car, parking lot at work, etc etc. Not at the office on or in the desk, not in the break room. It is gone!!! I had it at work, in my hand, was filling my pockets with knives to go home (I carry too many knives, and carry two slip joints per pocket one in a slip so they don't mark each other up. I put the knife in a pocket that already had a loose knife, switches pockets, and went out to the car. Normally I put the knives in the cup holders cozy for the drive home.

To make this week worse, my favorite hat, a Harris Tweed driving cap ive been wearing for more than 20 years was stolen from court this week. That hat has traveled with me, including two years in Bulgaria from 96-98.

So bummed right now.

Here is the lost knife... a Queen / Joe Perdue collaboration. I spent a lot of time taking the blades to a convex grind a few years ago. Many of these pics predate the blade regrinds.

pehGdjw.jpg
ZW95iwF.jpg
0TISF58.jpg
zijswDJ.jpg

Very sorry to hear this. I've never lost one, but have thought I had several times, and the feeling is wretched. Hopefully, it'll still turn up, but it may be time to form a new bond.

Bummer on that beautiful Canoe - I hope it is just temporarily mis-placed and will be back in your crowded pockets very soon.
best

mqqn

Swear I saw that gunboat/Stockman (not yours, obviously) for sale somewhere recently. If I run across it I’ll pm you. Won’t be the same, but at least you’d have the chance to agonize over rebuying it, all the time knowing that as soon as it arrives, you’ll find the lost one. I feel your pain, I’ve lost a couple over the years too. The hat part, that really blows. No replacing that.
Thanks, Neal

FOUND IT!!!!!!

Did a 4th flashlight search of the vehicle. Searched yesterday after work, again at night, again in the morning and after work. Just did another search in the garage with my phone flashlight!

Now, anyone seen my blue handled Delica???? (Been searching the house on and off for a year foe that one.....its here somewhere!!!!!!)

Now, hopefully I see a defendant wearing my hat back in court in the next week or two (if he is dumb enough to wear it back to court)

Last edited:
Congratulations BFT! What a good feeling. Much luck with your hat-if one showed up, mayhap ta other will!:thumbsup::D
Thanks, Neal

Glad you found your knife T, and hope you get your cap back too :thumbsup:

FOUND IT!!!!!!

Did a 4th flashlight search of the vehicle. Searched yesterday after work, again at night, again in the morning and after work. Just did another search in the garage with my phone flashlight!

Now, anyone seen my blue handled Delica???? (Been searching the house on and off for a year foe that one.....its here somewhere!!!!!!)

Now, hopefully I see a defendant wearing my hat back in court in the next week or two (if he is dumb enough to wear it back to court)
Awesome, but where exactly did you find it ?

I lost a Don Hanson custom knife with W2 steel and bark ivory scales. The scales were just starting to yellow from use. I lost it at the high school wrestling room, and since knives were't allowed in the high school I didn't feel as though I could call up and ask for lost and found. Glad you got yours back!

Cool! I've seen you post pictures of that knife many times and I know you've owned it for awhile. I remember asking you about it in a PM several years ago. Glad you sniffed it out!

I hate to do it but .... Right where he lost it? :D;)

I lost a Don Hanson custom knife with W2 steel and bark ivory scales. The scales were just starting to yellow from use. I lost it at the high school wrestling room, and since knives were't allowed in the high school I didn't feel as though I could call up and ask for lost and found. Glad you got yours back!
Ouch! That had to smart!

Glad it turned up, Bigfattyt Bigfattyt !

I love the scary stories with happy endings! :rolleyes::)
Glad you located it so quickly; would have been painful to lose such an outstanding stag canoe variant!!
Hoping you can locate the hat, too! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Fantastic !!! Nothing better than losing that nagging feeling :D I hope you find the hat too !

Oh man, that's a tough one. That makes me grimace just reading about it!

You actually never lost it. It was under your butt the whole time.

Here’s my tale of woe. I bought a Puma Hunters Companion brand new back when they were still making the real deal originals. Deer hunting way back in the woods behind Grandma’s place in the Ozarks. I guess I used it for something and failed to loop the retainer through the hole in that beautiful stag handle.
When I realized it was not in the sheath, I retraced my steps, shuffling through the thick leaves in vain.
I did the only thing I could do ~ I hung the sheath in the tree by which I’d last used so whoever found the knife would also have the sheath.

I’d love to replace it, but prices for that vintage are through the roof.

Under the seat, in my car. I had looked several times already!!! I keep a cresent wrench and various garbage under the seat. I pulled it all out, and was still barely able to spy it with a bright light!

I have lost a custom Jared Oeser two blade XL Gunstock for several days.... more than once. That was a truly sickening feeling!!!!!

Last edited:
Back