Machetes & Bush Knives

Nothing like the smell of a brand new Collins in new leather! :D

sheaths003.jpg

Horn Dog how do you like those Collins machetes? Are they beter than say an ontario (not the econo version) . They look compairable

I have barely used them, but my past experience with Collins has been good. The Collins is thinner than the Ontario, thicker than the Tramontinas. The Condors and Imacasas are very close to the Collins machetes of old.

I've been playing around with my Fiddleback-modded Collins (only got it yesterday!) and so far it's been one hell of a blade. I just need to round off the back of the custom grip to make it a little more palm-friendly, though the contours on the rest of it are spot on.

With a good edge on them those Collins' are a force to be reckoned with! :eek:

I have this set coming.

SKS1.jpg

It's pretty much my grail knife setup. Back in the day, carrying cheap, Gerber Gator folders around and looking at knife magazines dreaming, this was THE knife I wanted. The end all, be all setup for me.

I have this set coming.

SKS1.jpg

It's pretty much my grail knife setup. Back in the day, carrying cheap, Gerber Gator folders around and looking at knife magazines dreaming, this was THE knife I wanted. The end all, be all setup for me.

what the hell is it? those things look wicked sharp and tough as well! what is the $range of that set if you don't mind me asking?

what the hell is it? those things look wicked sharp and tough as well! what is the $range of that set if you don't mind me asking?

That's a Trace Rinaldi SKS (Survival knife system) consisting of his Armageddon chopper and the Gambit EDC utility blade. It also has a fire starter and diamond sharpener on the sheath.

Price range.... perfect examples go for as much as $1700. To buy the Armageddon by itself, around $700-800 and the smaller blade, $350-400.

No, I didn't pay that much nor would I. I traded into it and I really gave for it but like I said, it's my grail knife. Cross it off the bucket list so to speak.;)

Shotty, you need to thank the stars for your wife. Seriously, if I purchased a $1,700 knife, my wife would open a can of woop ass on me!

This came in today. Along with a refund check for a medical over payment that was almost the same amount. God wanted me to have this Bushwacker. A Christmas miracle! :eek:

Bushwacker014.jpg

Shotty, you need to thank the stars for your wife. Seriously, if I purchased a $1,700 knife, my wife would open a can of woop ass on me!

Oh man, I don't think I've ever had 1700 in one place my friend.

I have consolidated alot of guns and knives via trades in the past few years and this is pretty much the culmination.

Put it this way, as a youngin, or mediumin, I had a pic of that setup on my wall right next to my pic of a fully restored Jeep Willys and Cindy Crawford.

It was and is the height of my addiction. I traded out a really nice firearm and holster setup thats collecting dust for the SKS.

It's oh, so worth every penny to me.

Not to detract from the Mrs. most incredible amazingness. If we had $1700, she'd buy it for me and not bat an eyelash.

Thats a sweet setup for sure Shotty. I really like the handle shape on the smaller knife.

I can't wait to get it out into the bush and see what it can do.

I've messed around with the TOPS version of the larger knife, which is awesome and dispite the unique looking handle shape, is quite versitile in alot of different grips. Really an amazing design in balance and feel.

I'm so excited, it feels like christmas....

My Uncle gave me this machete quite a few years ago, maybe 20 to 25 years. It is a Collins 14" blade, but was made in Guatemala. I just hung it on the wall, guess I had better go break it in! Are the Guatemalan made Collins any good?

Sorry for the phone pic quality.

CollinsGuatimala.jpg

My Uncle gave me this machete quite a few years ago, maybe 20 to 25 years. It is a Collins 14" blade, but was made in Guatemala. I just hung it on the wall, guess I had better go break it in! Are the Guatemalan made Collins any good?

Sorry for the phone pic quality.

CollinsGuatimala.jpg

it was not me........

I dunno man. If I had that Armageddon I think I'd just be sitting down staring at it for at least a week before I took to the bush.
Very nice score.

Back