1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Made a Tough Decision This Weekend...

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Apocryphiliac, Jul 9, 2018.

1. SavEdgeSurvive

SavEdgeSurvive Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2018
    What did you end up cancelling from survive brother?

2. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    A 3.5 and 12 in matching natural micarta. Would've been an awesome pair.

3. SavEdgeSurvive

Jun 27, 2018
    The
    Them 12s look insane. I thought the 10 looks like a monster

Apocryphiliac likes this.
  4. Apocryphiliac

Jan 18, 2017
    The 10 is definitely a big blade, in terms of both length and height, but it’s still impressively nimble and can be used better for fine work than one would expect without too much fatigue. The 12, though, I think will be a dedicated chopper, and since the 3 is a very portable, yet capable fine task blade, those two rigged together would be pretty epic.

5. SavEdgeSurvive

Jun 27, 2018
    Yeah I think your needs would be covered with that combo for sure. Oh and I forgot to e mail you. It made it safely and its awesome brother. Thank you

6. Apocryphiliac

Jan 18, 2017
    Great to hear! Enjoy!

7. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    If the SK line launches per plan you should be able to purchase both from stock some day. <Fingers Crossed!>

8. Citori

Citori

Sep 28, 2002
    What is the plan RE: delivery dates?

9. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Notice the words "if" and "should" and "some day" and the superstitious practice intended to ward off the consequences of expressing excessive optimism. ;)
    Admittedly I probably should not have used the word "plan" at all. Sorry. :cool:

10. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    You're a good man, but I don't think an apology is needed.

CataD likes this.
  11. Citori

Citori

Sep 28, 2002
    Really just asking, no apology needed. My not knowing of one doesn't mean one hasn't been published since I don't follow any of the social media platforms where Survive struggles to communicate effetively with their customers.
    Obviously if there was/is a plan its execution has been badly botched. But it would be interesting to see that plan in order to gauge the magnitude of the botching.

12. brute steel

brute steel

Jan 27, 2018
    Damn....

I pre-ordered a GSO 12 on my second year in UCD, I'm almost done with my Master's and Guy hasn't shipped yet....

Total BS and con-artist.

danbot, winger51, JackKnives and 2 others like this.
  13. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Remember, you are (and have been) eligible for a refund if you feel cheated.

14. md02geist

md02geist Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2010

Remember that Survive has been trying to hit people for cancellation fees up to 100.00 (for those blades with leather sheaths ordered).

15. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Did you pay a cancellation fee?

16. md02geist

Feb 8, 2010
    No. I fought it, made some statements about how I’d handle it if they charged me a cancellation fee, and I won.

It took threats, which was super disappointing.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    prestige likes this.
  17. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Of all the self inflicted PR problems with Survive I think that the cancellation fee has been the most damaging.
    I'm glad that you got your full refund.

18. Citori

Citori

Sep 28, 2002
    I think it is the repeated lies about lead times.

19. md02geist

Feb 8, 2010
    It’s both. Over promising, under delivering, and then attempting to take peoples money as a penalty when they have waited much longer than they were told to already.

Very little customer service or communication along with no products delivered despite money being paid upfront, and then gouging people for more money when they are mad there knife I station literally years to deliver?

PR nightmare.