Made a Tough Decision This Weekend...

The

Them 12s look insane. I thought the 10 looks like a monster
The 10 is definitely a big blade, in terms of both length and height, but it’s still impressively nimble and can be used better for fine work than one would expect without too much fatigue. The 12, though, I think will be a dedicated chopper, and since the 3 is a very portable, yet capable fine task blade, those two rigged together would be pretty epic.

Yeah I think your needs would be covered with that combo for sure. Oh and I forgot to e mail you. It made it safely and its awesome brother. Thank you

Notice the words "if" and "should" and "some day" and the superstitious practice intended to ward off the consequences of expressing excessive optimism. ;)
Admittedly I probably should not have used the word "plan" at all. Sorry. :cool:

Notice the words "if" and "should" and "some day" and the superstitious practice intended to ward off the consequences of expressing excessive optimism. ;)
Admittedly I probably should not have used the word "plan" at all. Sorry. :cool:
You're a good man, but I don't think an apology is needed.

Really just asking, no apology needed. My not knowing of one doesn't mean one hasn't been published since I don't follow any of the social media platforms where Survive struggles to communicate effetively with their customers.
Obviously if there was/is a plan its execution has been badly botched. But it would be interesting to see that plan in order to gauge the magnitude of the botching.

Damn....

I pre-ordered a GSO 12 on my second year in UCD, I'm almost done with my Master's and Guy hasn't shipped yet....

Total BS and con-artist.
Remember, you are (and have been) eligible for a refund if you feel cheated.

Remember, you are (and have been) eligible for a refund if you feel cheated.

Remember that Survive has been trying to hit people for cancellation fees up to 100.00 (for those blades with leather sheaths ordered).

I tapped out this week. My order was nearing two years old.

Got my refund.

I’d Survive ever gets their crap together and caught up or gets the SK like readily available like they keep saying, I will happily buy more.

But for now my patience is tapped out. Fantastic knives do me no good if I don’t have them in hand and two years is too damn much.
Did you pay a cancellation fee?

No. I fought it, made some statements about how I’d handle it if they charged me a cancellation fee, and I won.

It took threats, which was super disappointing.

Last edited:
Of all the self inflicted PR problems with Survive I think that the cancellation fee has been the most damaging.
I'm glad that you got your full refund.

It’s both. Over promising, under delivering, and then attempting to take peoples money as a penalty when they have waited much longer than they were told to already.

Very little customer service or communication along with no products delivered despite money being paid upfront, and then gouging people for more money when they are mad there knife I station literally years to deliver?

PR nightmare.

Back