Off Topic "Mall Ninja" : Is just mere ownership of certain types of blade enough to earn the title ?

If the term has any validity at all , I always thought it should apply only to some kind of inappropriate , obnoxious public display of weapons .

I thought it might also apply to poorly designed and/or junky tacticool stuff that pretend to be actual weapons .

So , what does this label mean to you (if anything ) ?

It's generally applied to inexpensive, overly fantastic looking "weaponry" but Ito me it is a broad term for a lot of what I see in the sooper dooper EDC community. "here's my headed out to the grocery store carry" picture of 2 Glocks, 6 extra mags, tactical broadsword, 27 different knives and shivs, 1 million lumen flashlight etc.

Hmmm. Not sure I can put it into words but I know it when I see it.

It used to be just the knives and weapons as the OP mentioned.

But over the years, add tactical pants with 23 pockets and built in tourniquets in the pants, a belt and buckle that can support 500 lbs for when you repel out of the booth at Taco Bell, and "gray man" backpack full of 5 different types of fire starting items yet you hardly leave the house (except to go to Taco Bell).

It's generally applied to inexpensive, overly fantastic looking "weaponry" but Ito me it is a broad term for a lot of what I see in the sooper dooper EDC community. "here's my headed out to the grocery store carry" picture of 2 Glocks, 6 extra mags, tactical broadsword, 27 different knives and shivs, 1 million lumen flashlight etc.

100% agree. If I was that scared to step out of the house that I felt the need to bring an armory, I think I would spend less on ammo and more on therapy.

In the short time here, I’ve seen people called mall ninja for a plethora of reasons. The way they dress or look, the type of tool that they carry, on and on and on.
Its mostly just a derogatory term. Makes us feel better about ourselves.

And no, I don’t have a neck beard. 😁

Back