Man Stuff Christmas haul

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Christmas! Let's see your Manly Christmas haul. Here is a taste of mine.

Nice! đź‘Ť You must have some people who not only know you well but care a great deal for you. As I get older I get less and less and need nothing at all. My wife decided to up my game a bit this year with these targets that are 6" high. Head shots should be fun. Mini-hunter and pistol (currently with .22 upper) added for scale (and because I like them both a great deal :) )

wa_surls_2016-12-26-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! :thumbup: You must have some people who not only know you well but care a great deal for you. As I get older I get less and less and need nothing at all. My wife decided to up my game a bit this year with these targets that are 6" high. Head shots should be fun. Mini-hunter and pistol (currently with .22 upper) added for scale (and because I like them both a great deal :) )

I find your statement strangely familiar. As I've gotten older I've received less and less, yet I'm spending more and more every year. The wife decided to splurge this year and get me this guy:

5pkltl.jpg

I got a pretty good looking knife from some dude in Georgia! [emoji12]
9c56d104d46fdd7e880ee4d2a6c87a12.jpg

Sent from the pay phone beside 7/11!

I find your statement strangely familiar. As I've gotten older I've received less and less, yet I'm spending more and more every year. The wife decided to splurge this year and get me this guy:

5pkltl.jpg

You got to love that! Something you like with that personal touch which means you will keep it forever. I like Allen's initial post for the same reason. I bet some of those items have a story behind them.

I really feel for my wife. She resorted this year to grilling a workmate for ideas since I have everything I need and have pretty much already bought everything I want. I admit to being VERY hard to buy for. I do like to give though.

I am the same way. There is very little that i "need" and not very good at sharing what i want, usually i think it cost to much or if it is cheaper i usually have already bought it. There are some good stories with the gifts I showed for sure, but goona keep most of them under my hat. I love buying gifts, especially for the wife and kiddos (never stay on budget for them) and for my close friends.

Cool stuff everyone, keep the sharing going

My little sister gave me a very thoughtful gift this year. 3 sets of knife handle scales. Python micarta, Honduran Rosewood, and bias cut black palm. Frankly I was a bit blown away. She pays more attention than I thought she did to my doings. Very grateful for the gift and the thought that went into it. I'll have to pay her back with something sharp for her kitchen in her favorite color. Electric plum shadetree paring knife perhaps. I'd better start shredding metal and making scale dust soon.

My kids and family are great to me. I'm like ya'll - I don't feel I really need anything. What I want is more time with my kids. My treasures from these past few days: staying up till 2am racing slot cars with both my boys, and my 18 year old giving me a card that I can redeem for one full day of his company, no distractions, no agenda. The rest of it is all stuff - nice stuff - but still just stuff.

Sure wish I could say the box was full of grenades. But at least my kids know me well, and know I'd take joy in just having a box that says "Grenade Hand Frag" on it! Feeling pretty grateful when I'm happy getting a box.

My new cutting toys! Rams horn mini axe went to my eldest. I kept the Cocobolo. And the cigar cutter.

And this is trouble! Blurry picture results from lack of sleep and not enough coffee on Christmas morning.

Finally...Secret Santa was awesome!

A walnut bowl and maple wine stopper turned by a friend, along w/ a Surls Matador that's about to see some work on some pineapples!

E1pQkTT.jpg

My kids and family are great to me. I'm like ya'll - I don't feel I really need anything. What I want is more time with my kids. My treasures from these past few days: staying up till 2am racing slot cars with both my boys, and my 18 year old giving me a card that I can redeem for one full day of his company, no distractions, no agenda. The rest of it is all stuff - nice stuff - but still just stuff.

There you go. I work for a University and have had two weeks off every Christmas for the last 20+ years. I have to remind myself how lucky I am that I get to spend all of that time with my kids who are 10 and 6 right now. These times are irreplaceable and I hope they cherish them as much as I do.

Looks like everybody had a very nice Christmas! Like the rest, there's nothing I need and I keep my wants close to my chest. However, my amazing wife knows me all too well. [emoji2]

Tactical stocking, hand made LOTR tree ornament, and Damascus steel tritium fob handmade in the USA! I also received an Exotac nano XL from Andy for secret Santa. Thanks again Andy!

fc6de5a764e236f96610f740d390416f.jpg

Close up of the fob

c56db56e5b2873c5a1852b4539f35dfc.jpg

Not pictured are a Leatherman Wave and limited edition signed copy of Terry Brooks' "Sword of Shannara". These have yet to be delivered due to holiday mail. Also not pictured is the Yankees snuggie my step son got for me. [emoji16] It was he first Christmas I got to spend with my new family, in-laws and all and I'll never forget it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sure wish I could say the box was full of grenades. But at least my kids know me well, and know I'd take joy in just having a box that says "Grenade Hand Frag" on it! Feeling pretty grateful when I'm happy getting a box.
http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/Keegan1696/media/20161227_122347_resized_zpscxzre7ia.jpg.html

Tony, I have to ask, what kind of tobacco is that and what kind of Old Boy lighter? That thing is sweet and I have a liking for the Old Boy's. :D:thumbup:

20161228_172257_zpshnfiqsvt.jpg

I had to run back inside to get the Case Peanut my mom put in my stocking
20161228_172757_zps0jrhiujw.jpg

Phillip, that bag is awesome. I went to the site after you posted it on IG. They have some really awesome stuff! Thanks for spending my money for me. :D

Phillip, that bag is awesome. I went to the site after you posted it on IG. They have some really awesome stuff! Thanks for spending my money for me. :D

Thanks Jim
I love it!
I've been using a Maxpedition bag for the past 6 or 7 years, my tastes have changed over those years and I really don't find the "tactical" looking bags anymore.

Thanks Jim
I love it!
I've been using a Maxpedition bag for the past 6 or 7 years, my tastes have changed over those years and I really don't find the "tactical" looking bags anymore.

I'm in the same exact boat. I'm gonna relegate my Maxpedition bags to car bags for myself my wife and my step son and save some dough for one of the Frost River Isle bags. I really like the size of the one you got. It's seems perfect for me. Thank you for informing me about those guys.

I'm in the same exact boat. I'm gonna relegate my Maxpedition bags to car bags for myself my wife and my step son and save some dough for one of the Frost River Isle bags. I really like the size of the one you got. It's seems perfect for me. Thank you for informing me about those guys.

I have the top cinched all the way down. The sides are cinched down to the 2nd notch outta 6. This bag will get rather large for a "mini"

I have the top cinched all the way down. The sides are cinched down to the 2nd notch outta 6. This bag will get rather large for a "mini"

It definitely seems like more then enough for a day pack or even an ultralight overnight pack.

Jim,
The Tobacco is from a local shop, a blend they make called "Carolina Home".

The lighter...gotta get back to you. I'm on the road eating at a tiny dive restaurant (my preference) in central Virginia. Lighter is at home. Update to come.

Back