Man Stuff Christmas haul

Jim,
The Tobacco is from a local shop, a blend they make called "Carolina Home".

The lighter...gotta get back to you. I'm on the road eating at a tiny dive restaurant (my preference) in central Virginia. Lighter is at home. Update to come.

Thanks Tony. From what I can see it looks like a nice blend. [emoji106]Enjoy the meal and safe travels!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim,

Please forgive the terrible lighting and quality of this pic. I'm laid low with the flu after driving 1000 miles in 30 hours, and spending most of the day curled up in the fetal position, listening to the wind howl at my door, and wondering where my two teenage sons are in my moment of need. Hmmmm...

I'd enjoy sharing some of that "Carolina Home" with you on my porch. I have two rockers, two hound dogs, and easily enough tobacco for two ol' dogs to kick back and tell lies for an evening.
The shop I get my tobacco from is run by a guy...well let's just say he retired from a branch of law enforcement and leave it at that...who is as welcoming as could be, but is not to be messed with. Great guy. It's one of his shop blends.

The lighter. I think I got it off Ebay or Amazon. I don't remember. But you know how these things are; buy the cheap version, and it dies before your dog does three rotations when bedding down on your couch. I dropped the coins on this one, and it's served me very well. Perfect pipe lighter, as it's fully adjustable and doesn't scorch the bowl. My cigar lighters are fierce enough to forge steel.

The pic had to have a mandatory Surls blade in it. I went back to the beginning - my very first, an early little Palmer I grabbed off the Flea Market with no clue what I was doing. The coin is solid bronze from Keith at Combat Beads. The tiger stripe maple box is my prize humidor.

What time are you getting here? I'll save some tobacco for you.

20161228_172757_zps0jrhiujw.jpg

Phillip,
This picture! Perfect. Nice axe. That curly ash on blue is freakin stunning! Gotta get me a bag like that too.

Thanks for the info and the invite Tony. You're porch sounds like an awesome spot for sure. I'll definitely let you know the next time I'm in NC. [emoji106]

I know what you're saying about the Old Boys. I've had a few that I've tried to save some money on and they last a few months then fall apart. My main one at home is a briar Corona. I'm just scared to travel with it. I have another, slightly cheaper, Japanese one that I travel with. It's been around for a while so I'm not complaining. [emoji2]
40185a8dd79f8b807b61931bf6dd8aa7.jpg

That's a sweet Palmer man. If I had one on me I'd post it. [emoji3] I'm currently in Montana waiting to start a show.

I hope you feel better man. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phillip,
This picture! Perfect. Nice axe. That curly ash on blue is freakin stunning! Gotta get me a bag like that too.

Thanks!

it's becoming a "trend". Andy ordered a waxed canvas bag yesterday:eek:

Back