Markers mark help from otherside...

I here is the makers mark from the otherside of my 25" Sirupati does anyone know who this is?
sweet-142.jpg
Thanks for the help again!

Sounds like he should be in a Nepali spaghetti western.
:D:D

(KNN is his ten-gallon Kopi(sp?))
"SMILE!! When you polish that khukuri, boy"

That mark makes me wonder where the jellyfish are in Nepal;):p

I dont have a digital camera(working on it) and the film is being taken in 2morro but here are a 2 scanner pics, just need to do one of the tip, will post it up here when I do
sweet-139.jpg

sweet-140.jpg

You know when I read the title of this thread I didn't know what it was about at first. Sounded like a tale of supernatural contact with "our maker" from "the other side":D:D

And who says sitcoms cause dainbramage?

Thanks, how do you attach pics if you aren't a premium member. And how do you get a picture signature.

Brendan

Dont know if its because I have been a member since Nov of 99' or not but I just went to the "user cp" and did the filled out the signature thing in there. Read the f.a.q tags on posting pictures...

Hi,
My 25" Sirupati is made by the Kami with No Name too. Excellent work, great blade. I am curious though why no one knows who he is or where he came from. Most mysterious!
Does he smoke a small cheroot? Does he have a piercing gaze which silences all he confronts?? I hope so!

Jeff

Nah. it's probably more likely that it's some wild-n-crazy bubba that has no family, etc.

KNN is actually three guys who work together at BirGorkha part time and tend their farms part time. Right now they are back on the farms since it is planting and harvest time.

I originally thought it was a bowl with steam rising out of it. :p

So.. what exactly is a butterlamp?

KNN is actually three guys who work together at BirGorkha part time and tend their farms part time. Right now they are back on the farms since it is planting and harvest time.

Darn it, you're taking all the fun out of it. Don't they at least wear bandoliers and sombreros and play mariachi music while they work?! or perhaps they're some three headed kami monster---a nepalese version of the knight in the Search for the Holy Grail?:D

maybe I need to stop working now:eek:

Butter lamp - a lamp fueled by butter, rather than oil.

I didn't know the Nepalis used them, but I shouldn't be surprised. The Tibetans use(d) them extensively (Yak butter, IIRC). They produce a heavy, oily smoke that often manifests itself as a stain or patina on older Tibetan items (e.g. Tibetan rugs).

S.

Sherpas in the high country use them routinely. All the Buddhist temples have them available for puja for a small fee -- rather like the candles in a Catholic church.

Originally posted by BruiseLeee
I originally thought it was a bowl with steam rising out of it. :p

So I'm the only one who made an incorrect assumption to Lovecraft's Cthulu?

I thought that too, but then realised my Sirupati didn't use non Euclidean geometry, and so couldn't have been made in the 4th dimension.

Actually, KNN comes from the 4th dimension.

I haven't heard the term since I took a course in college called "Non Euclidean Geometry." -- which I should have failed but faked my way thru.

Back