Markesharp Custom Cutlery Photos

paulhilborn

Gold Member
I just wanted to start this thread and thank a wonderful person and forum member Markesharp, aka brother Mark:cool::thumbup:

Back when Mark conceived the Fish Barlow, I like many others were wowed and I asked to PLEASE be put on the list. I understand many others have reached out to Mark as well.

This has perfect pull, a deep long pull, solid and centered blade, fabulous Fish logo for the bolsters and this one is clad in gorgeous pre ban Elephant Ivory:cool: Its patterned off a NYKnife pattern (Mark please weigh in if I mis-speak my friend) similar to GEC's #15 pattern. Steel bolsters, liners and pins:thumbup:

I wont capture in pictures how nice the knife is. The thickness of the Ivory covers are PERFECT:thumbup: hand filling but not to thick.

Mark also showed me pictures of Stag as another option and honestly Mark has some proprietary method to acheive a fabulous vintage looking Stag.

Enough of my rambling so pictures pictures pictures and again THANK YOU Mark!!!

I'm looking forward as more of Mark's knives find their way to this thread:cool:

QTJHvM.jpg

REXUvf.jpg

UzyFMy.jpg

g2SLgF.jpg

r6iDx2.jpg

46w1ah.jpg

Last edited:
Outstanding, Paul:eek::thumbup::thumbup::D I look forward to watching this one age! Just outstanding!

There is something magical about that work of art!
Mesmerizing!
Great work, Mark - design and execution!
Thanks for sharing it Paul!

What a great piece of work from a friend to many of us on the porch
Can't wait to take some photos of my fixed and add to this thread as well as see other people's photos.

Last edited:
OH WOW !! Perfect is the the correct word for this knife. Great job Mark and congrats Paul

Mike

Man..................
Awesome, not only the great knife, but the friendship - just all round a great thing to see Paul - and Mark what talent my friend!, can you guys tell me more about the knife - I feel embarrassed as I don't know too much - but I remember when Mark first showed us and it is certainly WOW factor! I cant for the life of me remember if Mark you have actually made the Blade?
Be nice to know more about that lovely knife - you did good Mark matey, to a hang of a awesome guy too!

I too cant wait to see more and more knives of Mark's to appear.......... right here!

Fine piece o cutlery there. :thumbup: I would love to see the stag as I'm a big fan. What steel is used for the blade Paul?.

Very cool, where is this list you speak of? Send me all details please

Stunningly beautiful! Everything is just right about that knife: design, proportion, beautiful execution! Congratulations on a rare one indeed, Paul and Marke.

Thank You Paul and everyone for the nice comments. It means a lot to me.

Thanks again,

Mark

Last edited:
What type of metal is the blade made out of?

I saw one of his knives posted in the for sale section a couple days ago - his jig bone was interesting... looked like fish bones.

What type of metal is the blade made out of?

I saw one of his knives posted in the for sale section a couple days ago - his jig bone was interesting... looked like fish bones.

The blade and back springs are 1095 steel.

Thanks

Mark, you just raised the bar incredibly high. That's one that I'm absolutely sure Paul will carry proudly for years to come.

Mark,
congratulations! I'm not a Barlow fan, not even close, but I do admire your talent, and the blade shape looks great ;)

Fausto
:cool:

Mark, you just raised the bar incredibly high. That's one that I'm absolutely sure Paul will carry proudly for years to come.

Bob - Thank you buddy and I'm so glad to see you back on the porch. PM coming at you ;):)

Mark,
congratulations! I'm not a Barlow fan, not even close, but I do admire your talent, and the blade shape looks great ;)

Fausto
:cool:

Thank you Fausto, much appreciated.

I keep entering this thread. There is something addicting in this knife. Real great job Mark

Mike

Back