matriarch availability

Sal,

Just a thought for an alternative method for forumspecial identity.

If making the handles different colors is a hassle, would making the blades straight edge instead be more of a hassle?(I figured putting serrations on blades would be an extra step) I know there weren't many Civilians made with straight edges. These forumspecials could be the only Matriarchs with straight edges.
Or has consumer feedback and testing shown that the Civilian blade is better recieved with serrations?

2¢ deposited.

Thanks,
Ken

I've never seen this knife, but from Sal says
my interest is peaked. I'd get one, what about white for a choice of color for the handles, and satin finish pocket clip?
My $.02
PR

<Spark - your going to handle this on the <forum store? Pick a color and I'll run a <batch for the "responsible forumite <collectors that won't make me sorry".

You're a good man, Sal.

Jack

Sal,
As you are talking about a limited run for forumites only, I understand not wanting to tool up for an aluminum or ti handle. Question, any existing handles that could handle the blade. Thanks

If the main concern from Mr. Glesser is that the Matriarch will be considered "threatening", why not make the handles in hot pink. If this was done it would accomplish 3 things that I can think of immediately.
1. Alienate male buyers.
2. Make the knife "pretty" enough so that the defensive aspects are downplayed.
3. Finally give guys a present for your chicks that we really want to buy.
Any other votes for hot pink handles?

Sarcastically,
Phil

PS. It's been done on the Delica.

[This message has been edited by Phillip (edited 28 February 1999).]

Phillip,

I would like to see it in pink too. Or maybe obnoxious brite green. This would make it unlikely to be carried for defensive purposes.

YeK

"Build it and they will come..." Please put me down for at least one- I'll vote for the Grey handles- but the Rescue Orange (as escape/survival tool) is also a good idea- Dakke Mr. Glesser!

Maybe I am behind the power curve, but does anyone have a picture of this thing they can post?
The discussions have made me quite interested and I would like to see what all the fuss is about.
Thanks ahead of time.

------------------
*Norwegian Knife Nut*

"The only limitation is lack of imagination."

Heck, I don't have one those curvey blades in my collection... I support whatever color since I would unlikely be wearing it in my pants anyway.

Geeze, I may end up a Spyderco collector yet.

sing

I guess I have to save, scrimp and beg double time to buy the BF Native, and now the BF Matriarch!

Sal -- make my Matriarch in any dark color!

[This message has been edited by Titan (edited 02 March 1999).]

Sal,

Out of curiosity, is there any way Spyderco could attach say 50 or so standard black handled SA bound Matriarchs to the shippment of forum-exclusive Matriarchs when they go to the Bladeforums Store?

I know, I know, after asking for the moon and receiving it, I ask for the sun too. Believe me, just knowing that you give our ideas serious consideration is favor enough, and I appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ken

KenN has the best suggestion so far. Sal, why not start a survey of handle colors, and the offer the knife as a BF knife like the BF Native. You would be guaranteed to sell these knives and the forumites who buy them would be very happy. Not to mention we would serve as a test market to see if the Matriarch would do well in domestic sales.

Phil

Sal,

If the Matriarch is going to be made on the Endura body could the Forum piece be made on the Endura II body? This would allow for an engravable surface (Springbok, Lion, Whistler's Mother) that would make the knife truely unique to the Forum and something that could be made with off the shelf componenets without having to buy a new nylon color.

Just a thought.

TANSTAAFL,

Mike

So, the more I think about a Safety/Rescue Orange or Yellow Matriarch, the more I think that would be so cool, so very very cool.

Almost as cool as the Worker 2000.

http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum20/HTML/000224.html

------------------
One may want to keep an Eye out for my review of the Bob Kasper designed, Kevin Gentile modified AFCK and interview of Bob Kasper. Sorry about the wait, my review and interview should be online shortly, look for it right here at BladeForums.com. The delay has been getting pictures, luckily Spark has graciously offered to do the pictures. Knife writer I may be, photographer I am not, yet.

Marion David Poff fka Eye, one can msg me at mdpoff@hotmail.com

"The victorious Warrior wins first and then goes to war, while the defeated Warrior goes to war and then seeks to win" Sun-Tzu

Be Excellent, an Infinite Player

Back