Maybe a teaser for a new Voyager blade shape?

I would like for CS to start putting a wave opener on their voyagers , at least as an option . :cool:

I can put on a Snaggletooth mod ,but they are pricey for what you get and leave much to be desired . :(

I would like for CS to start putting a wave opener on their voyagers , at least as an option . :cool:

I can put on a Snaggletooth mod ,but they are pricey for what you get and leave much to be desired . :(
I feel you but the beautiful thing about the voyagers is they are slightly blade heavy and be flung out very easily without touching a thumb stud. If you can get it out of your pocket you can deploy the blade with zero fine motor skills.

I feel you but the beautiful thing about the voyagers is they are slightly blade heavy and be flung out very easily without touching a thumb stud. If you can get it out of your pocket you can deploy the blade with zero fine motor skills.
:) Yes indeed ! That's my automatic backup for failure to wave open . And is definitely easier with the longer , more massive blades . It's physics ! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like the wave opening for the sake of speed . Nothing is faster ! :eek:

Double edged isn't possible because the outer edge is exposed when closed. There's no way to design it any other way, we've tried. Trying to make the blade thin enough to fit inside of the scales and be covered enough to not expose the cutting edge, makes the blade too thin. Spydie C104 ring any bells? Tiger/BUDK Godfather or whatever that thing is? It's really only possible with a stiletto and even then, the (poorly executed) ones that do exist are mostly single edged.

Sharpening: It's a self defense knife. How often are you going to use this on Amazon packages to the point of needing to sharpen it? Chances are if you use it for its intended purpose, it's going into an evidence locker forever and a new one would be purchased. A Kris was never intended to be a task blade.

I LOVE COLD STEEL!

Now, let me ask you this: Why are you selling a knife that you are asking "When will you need this? Don't worry about sharpening."?

If that's the case, buy a Spartan, or a steak knife, if it's a last ditch tool.

I hope you know I'm not trying to discredit CS in ANY way. I love your knives...that aren't this useless.

Last edited:
I already posted above but I'm surprised that the possibility of an extra large kris folder isn't generating more excitement. I would venture to say that it would be one of the coolest folders in existence.

I LOVE COLD STEEL!

Now, let me ask you this: Why are you selling a knife that you are asking "When will you need this? Don't worry about sharpening."?

If that's the case, buy a Spartan, or a steak knife, if it's a last ditch tool.

I hope you know I'm not trying to discredit CS in ANY way. I love your knives...that aren't this useless.
:) I don't know if I will ever buy this Kris Voyager, if it becomes a reality ; but it should not be much harder to sharpen then any recurve type blade .

Definitely a special interest type knife , but "useless" might be a little judgmental ? :confused:

Definitely a special interest type knife , but "useless" might be a little judgmental ? :confused:

He's not being judgemental, he was specifically responding to what the CS rep said to him. The rep himself pretty much said that the knife is only good for self defense and you should never need to sharpen it cause you will never have any use for it unless you stab someone in which case it will likely wind up in an evidence locker.

He's not being judgemental, he was specifically responding to what the CS rep said to him. The rep himself pretty much said that the knife is only good for self defense and you should never need to sharpen it cause you will never have any use for it unless you stab someone in which case it will likely wind up in an evidence locker.
A "used" knife might also get tossed down a storm drain or sold on the exchange after a thorough cleaning!

:) Regardless of what the rep said , which did NOT include the term "useless" , my comment stands as is .

I happen to carry two big CS folders , most of the time . One is a fully serrated XL Talwar , that I reserve for emergency , rescue and SD . It would be a PITA to sharpen . That doesn't make it "useless" . ;)

I think the Vaquero design was a a more unique/smarter choice. I'm not very excited about the Kris design. The Vaquero is funky enough for me, but you never know until you have the knife in your hand. The fact that I already have 13 CS XLs makes me more hesitant to pick up another one unless it super-excites;) me.

One is a fully serrated XL Talwar , that I reserve for emergency , rescue and SD . It would be a PITA to sharpen . That doesn't make it "useless" . ;)
"Useless" was an overly-strong term. Actually, the wavy blade might excel at rope and cord cutting, with the proper 'toothy' edge of course.
(P.S. The 4" Talwar was one I kick myself for missing. I kept hoping a "Voyageur" version would come out. To me, it seemed inevitable. The Talwar just seems like it would 'fit' into that category; nothing fancy, just a workhorse with clean lines! And sharpening upswept and continuous-curve blades are the easiest for me to sharpen...because I LOVE 'EM!)

I think the Vaquero design was a a more unique/smarter choice. I'm not very excited about the Kris design. The Vaquero is funky enough for me, but you never know until you have the knife in your hand. The fact that I already have 13 CS XLs makes me more hesitant to pick up another one unless it super-excites;) me.
:) I 100% can relate to your situation and position ! :p:thumbsup::thumbsup:

"Useless" was an overly-strong term. Actually, the wavy blade might excel at rope and cord cutting, with the proper 'toothy' edge of course.
(P.S. The 4" Talwar was one I kick myself for missing. I kept hoping a "Voyageur" version would come out. To me, it seemed inevitable. The Talwar just seems like it would 'fit' into that category; nothing fancy, just a workhorse with clean lines! And sharpening upswept and continuous-curve blades are the easiest for me to sharpen...because I LOVE 'EM!)
One of my pet peeves with CS is that the Talwars got disco'd . :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I carry an XL Talwar full serrated most everyday .

I also have a 4" version , but both are AUS-8 . I missed the boat to pick up the better steel versions at my price . :(

But it's not like I'm short on knives ! :p;)

One of my pet peeves with CS is that the Talwars got disco'd . :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I carry an XL Talwar full serrated most everyday .

I also have a 4" version , but both are AUS-8 . I missed the boat to pick up the better steel versions at my price . :(

But it's not like I'm short on knives ! :p;)

I have an XL CTSXHP, black plain edge, coyote brown handle in my hand. The handle color is too light, and I am a stainless or stonewashed fan. I am not feeling this one. Another impulse buy sitting in it's box, lol. I think I got it on sale at Special Projects a year ago. I like the gray, and the green scales much better.
I also have plain edge Lg, and XL in AUS8. They will NEVER leave my collection.

:) I wouldn't mind having that ! Got the same color scheme on the huge Holdout on clearance for a very good price :

I have an OD green XL Holdout, and a grey med Espada. I like those colors much more.

Back