Maynard's Delkalope

Lefties may not write right but we are right when we write, right?

The eyes of the Maynard are upon us now. Maybe the big Nancy will sign up, he may need some coaxing:D

Welcome Maynard. Any left handed friend of Johnny is a friend of, well, not necessarily mine but of someone here.:)

Sorry I'm late to the party fellahs, I was busy trimming my unibrow.

John, how much farther into the process until you get that antler rainbow colored? It just won't feel right using the knife to open up my femine products without a little flare on it.

I'm lucky enough to have seen a few of John's knives in person. They've all been more than impressive but I must say I'm blown away by this one. I really hate to give the ole bitter S.O.B. credit on anything but you can't deny talent when you see it. I'm glad I've got a few years of wrestling under my belt because I've got a feeling I'll have to pry it out of Tim's hands by the end of it. Just like the time I caught him with a slimy Tom Brady centerfold.

Very cool to see the whole process. I cannot wait to see the outcome! I may not be able to hide my FEELINGS.

Welcome Maynard! :thumbup:

Be sure to keep us posted on all your exploits with the Delkalope. :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum Maynard! :thumbup:

Just in case you were wondering, the "safe space" around here is over in the Whine & Cheese sub forum. ;)

Sorry I'm late to the party fellahs, I was busy trimming my unibrow.

John, how much farther into the process until you get that antler rainbow colored? It just won't feel right using the knife to open up my femine products without a little flare on it.

I'm lucky enough to have seen a few of John's knives in person. They've all been more than impressive but I must say I'm blown away by this one. I really hate to give the ole bitter S.O.B. credit on anything but you can't deny talent when you see it. I'm glad I've got a few years of wrestling under my belt because I've got a feeling I'll have to pry it out of Tim's hands by the end of it. Just like the time I caught him with a slimy Tom Brady centerfold.

Very cool to see the whole process. I cannot wait to see the outcome! I may not be able to hide my FEELINGS.

Great first post! :cool::thumbup:

Great username:thumbup: The rainbow is a go, it's the sparkles that I'm having a hard time with.

Welcome to the madness.

We gots sparkle connections too? There is no end to the potential.
Hey Chris, that sticky backed sandpaper is awesome by the way, works great for flatsanding and on a sanding block, been meaning to tell you that.

Got the PP in last night (don't say that out loud:eek:) and got the antler colored, it's a nice natural brown, a bit in the dark side maybe but I think it's gonna look nice, thanks Scott for your help on that.

Last edited:
You got right the first time out, a very light buff when your done with the knife and it will be perfect.:thumbup:

You got right the first time out, a very light buff when your done with the knife and it will be perfect.:thumbup:

I hope so, I didn't have any cotton balls so I used Q-tips and it seemed to work out. In the second picture you can see what I meant about it being a little bit thicker towards the front. I'll have to see how it feels when I shape the leather down but I'm afraid I may have to think it out a little.

I'm not left handed, but I could learn to be!:eek::D. Sorry, Maynard! That's going to be quite lovely. Nice work, John!:thumbup:

I think that we should leave thinking to people actually qualified to think. It will be much less painful.
What do you think?

Back