Micarta Monday - Traditional Knives Only, Please

Tremendous level of quality today :cool:

But this one is a supreme ;) Very fond of mine and very fond of seeing others' so well shown off:thumbsup: These are quality finished knives.

Regards, Will

And here's another. I recently gifted one of these to each of my three sons, too.
0DxyCDJ.jpg

I have to admit that I have always been drawn to natural handles and never payed much attention to micarta. Not that long ago, though, I picked up a GEC Missouri Trader (#42) in maroon linen and was surprised by how much I liked it. Perhaps not as beautiful (to me) as some other materials, but robust and practical. Since then, I have picked up a couple of micarta Charlie Bells. Great knives!

CBell_Micarta.jpeg

P.S. Sorry for the dark photo. It has been really gray and overcast here lately!

Last edited:
I hope this qualifies as a "traditional"; I think it does based on pattern, but there are those screws. Anyway, if people object I will remove it.

This is an MKM Malga 6 from Maniago in natural canvas micarta. I commute a long distance by train and frequently have a snack on the way. I hate the plastic sporks from the train station grocery, so, when I saw the GEC 35 Beer & Sausage, I thought to myself that a little fork with blade and bottle opener would definitely come in handy! Unfortunately, GECs in general, and small runs in particular, are really hard to come by in Europe. So I started searching for an alternative and found this.

It has an M390 blade and pretty well done micarta. The little fork is great for things like the pre-cut melon chunks I often buy for my ride.

mgm_malga.jpeg

Back