Mike D's .360 Chopper

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
I started this old school straight razor inspired chopper a while back for another knifemaker. I'm getting closer now so I decided to start a thread over here!

This was part of a 6' bar of 5160 earlier that day.
015su.jpg

Post heat treat.
020fn.jpg

I did the post heat treat grinding today. The photo makes it look smaller than it is.., then again as you can see it is bigger than my 4runner!

023ww.jpg

I've never liked that style of knife....unless it was headed for my mailbox!

Very,very nice.

Some lucky dude gonna love that!

well... you just got LUCKY veesix :) I'm a good guy... and patient.. sorta.. either way, love em.. I think your rounded digger point chopper blades and this cleaver should be part of your lineup.. and some swordlike goods :) lates.

Thanks Guys I'm still trying to get caught up on older orders. I'm getting close!

Six, I have yours in glue-up today and it is Krypto'd out... Superman GTFO!

Sloth, you know I have a piece of .360 with your name on it... glow scales like a mofo too! When my shoulders stop aching from this latest one it is on! Grinding the .360 is like lifting weights or something!

I'm glad you guys are digging this style, I plan on some more super thick gear as soon as I get caught up! :D

Thanks Guys I'm still trying to get caught up on older orders. I'm getting close!

Six, I have yours in glue-up today and it is Krypto'd out... Superman GTFO!

Sloth, you know I have a piece of .360 with your name on it... glow scales like a mofo too! When my shoulders stop aching from this latest one it is on! Grinding the .360 is like lifting weights or something!

I'm glad you guys are digging this style, I plan on some more super thick gear as soon as I get caught up! :D

Give yourself a break,Daniel! :thumbup:

Maybe grind awhile on something lightweight....like Ti,perhaps? ;)

Nothing complicated....maybe a fairly large handle,and a short straight edge,rounded at the spine.:cool:

Give yourself a break,Daniel! :thumbup:

Maybe grind awhile on something lightweight....like Ti,perhaps? ;)

Nothing complicated....maybe a fairly large handle,and a short straight edge,rounded at the spine.:cool:

A wharnie comes to mind. Titanium is light...

A wharnie comes to mind. Titanium is light...

Seems strange...kinda like *vuja de*...almost twilight-zonish...that we've never discussed this before,here.
What an incredible fresh new idea,Daniel!

Let's revisit this,sometime soon...in another thread,perhaps?

Now,we return you to your regularly-scheduled program: 'Gorgeous Gargantuan HardUseStraitRazors On Steroids!'

*vuja de*: the intense instinctual feeling that I'm positive I've never been here before.

Seems strange...kinda like *vuja de*...almost twilight-zonish...that we've never discussed this before,here.
What an incredible fresh new idea,Daniel!

Let's revisit this,sometime soon...in another thread,perhaps?

Now,we return you to your regularly-scheduled program: 'Gorgeous Gargantuan HardUseStraitRazors On Steroids!'

*vuja de*: the intense instinctual feeling that I'm positive I've never been here before.
Steroid Razor comes to my mind for sure every time I look at this which is about 20x a day;)

Steroid Razor comes to my mind for sure every time I look at this which is about 20x a day;)

There are tons of antique stores around here and I have always loved the old straight razors. This is what happens when I get an idea. Totally out of control.

Back