Mini Grip vs Delica 4

delica.

prefer the grips thicker scales, makes for better gripping, but thats all i prefer on the mini grip over the delica.

Mini Grip for me. I like how the Mini Grip feels in my hand, the G-10 scales, and the blade steel.

I have both and like both, however:
- I don't like the way the Delica carry with the pocket clip so I carry it without pocket clip, directly in my pocket
- I have changed the pocket clip of my mini grip for a deep carry one and I have paid for new scales

So:
- the Delica is a better slicer and can run without any extra costs
- the mini grip can take more customisations and I trust the locking mechanism more

At the moment my Declica have way more pocket time than my mini griptilian as an urban/work EDC

I have both and like both, however:
- I don't like the way the Delica carry with the pocket clip so I carry it without pocket clip, directly in my pocket
- I have changed the pocket clip of my mini grip for a deep carry one and I have paid for new scales

So:
- the Delica is a better slicer and can run without any extra costs
- the mini grip can take more customisations and I trust the locking mechanism more

At the moment my Declica have way more pocket time than my mini griptilian as an urban/work EDC
Thank you for your input.

Mini Grip.

Feels a lot better in hand. Really like the axis lock and hate back locks. Delica is way too wide in pocket. Don't like the Delica pocket clip. Benchmade sent free deep carry clip I like on the Mini Grip. Can send in the Mini Grip for maintenance or sharpening free for the entire life of the knife. Mini Grip is backed by a warranty I trust. Having said all that I own essentially both. I have a Mini Grip for alternate EDC use and a Salt I (basically a Delica but with H1 steel) for beach and kayaking.

556 vs delica, then I like delica better. 555 vs. delica, then I"ll take 555 any time. For my urban use, I found 555 is a perfect blend of MG and Delica.

If I can carry larger than mini/delica, I would take FFG Endura without thinking twice. IMHO, endura is the best $ for $ knife in the market.

I love them both but I will carry the grip more often because of the axis lock

^This for me as well. The more I use an axis lock the more I like it. YMMV. I usually carry a mini-grip with a dragonfly and/or small fixed blade for EDC.

If you plan to get an endura soon, maybe the mini griptilian may being some diversity in your collection/rotation

I prefer the mini Grip. The 555-1 is an amazing EDC.

That said, it does cost about two and a half times what the Delica 4 goes for, and the Delica is a great EDC in its own right.

Mini Grip < Delica < Mini Grip w/ custom scales < Lil' Para Delica < Ritter Mini Grip w/ custom scales

That about covers it...

7eea735673a4721b28a627447cf06a81.jpg
9e20d08571553283eda75a17925ccf8d.jpg

Some comparison pictures

Delica hands down. But still for less than the cost of a grip a Spyderco Native 5 Lightweight can be had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another vote for the Delica. It's just a great all-around knife.

Especially the new wharnie version:

WMALsFi.jpg

I prefer the mini grip...specifically the 555. The 555 has the spyderco hole. Is a stronger knife and even has a G10 version.

Matter of fact, I am now thinking about buying another one due to this thread. This place is a bad place to visit.

Back