Brass guard
Satisal wood handle
Leather sheath
Usual fine work by Kumar
Add to your growing Sword collection at $185. *SOLD*

9jfg6WT.jpg

7GaCulg.jpg

Pp0nSEn.jpg

16 inch 16 ounce villager fit and finish Tamang Knife by Kumar. Neem wood handle. Leather sheath. She is sharp and beautiful! $145. *SOLD*

rFPcAfU.jpg

dSDpdoT.jpg

1b6mBNo.jpg

8jkLiF4.jpg

RwKFaUC.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order one or both
First come first served

Last edited:
EMS on the Tamang Knife.

Done Deal! Now, that oughta do me until the new shipments show up! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tamang is a Knife I never got. Got just about everything else. Let me know your thoughts when it arrives!
George, I'm really liking this Tamang so far, tho I just cracked it open earlier today.

It was snowing and raining here all dang day so I didn't have a chance to play with it yet. I think it will be a favorite, no AK Bowie, but pretty darn good!

George, I'm really liking this Tamang so far, tho I just cracked it open earlier today.

It was snowing and raining here all dang day so I didn't have a chance to play with it yet. I think it will be a favorite, no AK Bowie, but pretty darn good!
Glad to hear your initial thoughts and hope you’ll post more when you get the chance to use it! Thank you for your response!

Hey, just cause it's MY favorite.... does not mean it will be EVERYONE'S favorite.....LOL..... but yes, I really do like the pattern and find it to be an exceptionally useful blade.

MOST of my others stay in the display room.... on display.... my Tamang's get used, daily

Hey, just cause it's MY favorite.... does not mean it will be EVERYONE'S favorite.....LOL..... but yes, I really do like the pattern and find it to be an exceptionally useful blade.

MOST of my others stay in the display room.... on display.... my Tamang's get used, daily

Maybe not favorite...
But it sure is compelling.
I like it so much it almost feels like cheating.
I always carry two khuks. One on the hip and one in the pack. That way they don't all get jealous and cut me.

This one is a real beauty! I was just fondling it, in fact.

I really do love the blade profile and am stoked to try it out on something.

This one is a real beauty! I was just fondling it, in fact.

I really do love the blade profile and am stoked to try it out on something.

Yes you do...(need to try it out)
I am still of the old school, so to speak, of kukuri testing. Every one I get is edged, if needed, and taken to the forest. If it passes the test(s), I know I can depend on it or gift it with confidence.
Back in the day, we were instructed to beat the living crap out of them. But I don't do that any more, I can tell by using them. Failures happen. Best they happen soon, than on the trail or in emergency.
All my keepers are fully dependable. The old dog, tin chirra gets used and abused and sadly taken for granted. But it will never let you down.
I guess it's a trust issue. I couldn't have a knife or any tool I couldn't fully trust. No matter how pretty.

Yes you do...(need to try it out)
I am still of the old school, so to speak, of kukuri testing. Every one I get is edged, if needed, and taken to the forest. If it passes the test(s), I know I can depend on it or gift it with confidence.
Back in the day, we were instructed to beat the living crap out of them. But I don't do that any more, I can tell by using them. Failures happen. Best they happen soon, than on the trail or in emergency.
All my keepers are fully dependable. The old dog, tin chirra gets used and abused and sadly taken for granted. But it will never let you down.
I guess it's a trust issue. I couldn't have a knife or any tool I couldn't fully trust. No matter how pretty.
Well, I took my Tamang out today and tried it on a couple of small saplings.

Pretty sad to say I got some bad edge rolling near the tip of the blade. I tried to straighten it out but I cant seem to get it back to "true" where it was. It's probably something I could fix with a stone, but won't the edge just roll there again?

I want to get some advice from all you regular HI blade users and thank you in advance!

Well, I took my Tamang out today and tried it on a couple of small saplings.

Pretty sad to say I got some bad edge rolling near the tip of the blade. I tried to straighten it out but I cant seem to get it back to "true" where it was. It's probably something I could fix with a stone, but won't the edge just roll there again?

I want to get some advice from all you regular HI blade users and thank you in advance!

I would contact Ms Yangdu and explain what happened. She will probably make it right!

Kiteman I don’t know if you’ve read any of Kardas posts for H.I. but he’s full of knowledge and just contacted me to give you this message.
And I quote: Hey George, Please tell kiteman72 that karda sez... that a khukuri is supposed to roll near the tip to prevent it from throwing metal shards in your face if you hit hard objects. He need to use the sweet spot to strike with instead of the tip.
All khukuri hi makes are unhardened at the tip for this purpose.

Kiteman I don’t know if you’ve read any of Kardas posts for H.I. but he’s full of knowledge and just contacted me to give you this message.
And I quote: Hey George, Please tell kiteman72 that karda sez... that a khukuri is supposed to roll near the tip to prevent it from throwing metal shards in your face if you hit hard objects. He need to use the sweet spot to strike with instead of the tip.
All khukuri hi makes are unhardened at the tip for this purpose.
Thanks for this George!

There is a spot where the steel almost seems "smooshed" down a bit.

Thank Karda. He can read your posts just can’t respond
Well, Karda, thank you, I appreciate it. :)
I fired off a quick email to Ms. Yangdu before I saw your 2nd post George, so we'll see what she says. I thought it would kind of just "straighten out", but like I said, it looks kinda smushed down. I'm sure I can easily "fix" it with my various stones and whatnot.

I'm just new to HI blades and learning what to expect. Thanks for the guidance and input.

I'm sorry to hear what happened. I know it can make you sad. But the good news is, you will be happy in the end.

I was just going to post about my tamang.
That thing harvested twenty pounds of fatwood cutting knots off flush with the trees. Batoning through hard knotty fat pine. Worked It hard. It was covered in sap and looked like a complete mess.
Took it home and cleaned it and it still shaved and sliced paper. After a couple strokes on compound and it scares the hair away and push cuts through paper along all parts of the blade.
I say this for two reasons.
One: Kumar did this blade perfectly. Heat treat is perfect.
Two: this blade was a replacement for a CAK that failed badly. I was sad about that. But now that I've proved this tamang, I don't miss the CAK at all.

Thanks for the post, jfox. :thumbsup:
I didn't think I was really doing anything that should cause the edge to do that, especially after seeing your Tamang perform on all that wood you were cutting!

I have a lot of confidence in Ms. Yangdu's customer service, that's one reason I started trying these blades out.

Once you start to get a feel for what these knives can and can't do (and each knife is different,) and you get a feel for the swing and become more accurate and deliberate in your usage, you will find magic.
However all tools demand respect and empathy.
Respect yourself, the tool, and the tree and you'll be happy.
And some fail...
Just the way the cookie bounces.

Back