1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Modern Gladius?

Discussion in 'Sword Discussion' started by PDT777, Sep 1, 2019.

1. PDT777

PDT777

Nov 4, 2017
    Gents, looking for a modern take / version of a Gladius (not the coldsteel machete) that you could use in the field (so not a display piece). Please sound off!

Thanks!

2. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Busse

3. Triton

Triton Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Well, you could try the Condor Tool & Knife CTK1026-18.5HC Tactical Gladius Sword. It's not made of unbreakable super secret squirrel uber steel like the Busse but it will also only you around 200 dollars. I have no particular experience with that piece, but the Condor pieces I've seen have all been good values for the money.

4. d762nato

d762nato Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2009
  5. Allan DeGroot

Allan DeGroot

Jun 15, 2019
  6. the possum

the possum

Jul 31, 2002
    Albion sells bare blades, so if you enjoy the do-it-yourself route, you can make the handle look as tactical as ya want.

7. James Usher

James Usher

May 3, 2019
    GLADIUS SWORD 24" OVERALL 16.25" 3MM THICK BLADE, STAINLESS STEEL SATIN FINISHED BLADE BLACK NYLON FIBER HANDLE INCLUDES 600D NYLON SHEATH.... any idea how much should it cost around?

8. horseclover

horseclover Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Wholesale around $10 in quantity.

9. Triton

Triton Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Yep I might take it from someone if they gave me 10 dollars to go with it... ;)

10. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    rpn likes this.