Monster Slayer

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
My biggest chopper yet! :eek:

051ou.jpg

I'm not really playing fair here but I did want to see what you guys thought this stuff was...

hmm, almost looks like a slice out of a bowling ball! That or some old school linoleum tile.

-Xander

bakelite? ebonite? leather? rubber? barbed wire?

g10/micarta from the glue challenge?

old vinyl records melted and re-shaped?

what does it taste like? how long is that chopper? have you shown it to the bear?

OK... :D

it is my own hand made Black Glow composite.

I just made another batch this morning. It is very grippy, heavy duty and strong yet light and it feels nice in the hand. It is a yarn/high end epoxy composite with a ton of glow added. The black yarn I use looks a lot like carbon fiber but it has a cool spiral pattern when you cut it with glow around the spirals. They cost me about $25 a set to make, I'm using the best of the best.

what does it taste like? how long is that chopper? have you shown it to the bear?

It tastes like licorice. (maybe thats just the ballistol, lol) remind me not to taste that stuff again.

14" long If I recall correctly... I showed it to the bear but he told me he is broke and about to hibernate as soon as he can save up enough $$$ for winter so I left him alone. :D

waitaminute...black glow?!?

I'm pretty sure I need that. Yes, I do.

Nighttime shots are required now.

Thats my kind of chopper.Love the blade shape with the point,good for stabbing/drilling.
Black glow?Cool,I thought horse stall mat for sure.

Poor bear,his loss.

Now thats 2 of your knives I gotta have.
This monster & the bush knife are all the knives a man would need.

waitaminute...black glow?!?

I'm pretty sure I need that. Yes, I do.

Nighttime shots are required now.

I'll get a better photo soon, I swear it does look cool in the dark! :D I'm trying to get the bear to pose with it...

Thats my kind of chopper.Love the blade shape with the point,good for stabbing/drilling.
Black glow?Cool,I thought horse stall mat for sure.

Poor bear,his loss.

Now thats 2 of your knives I gotta have.
This monster & the bush knife are all the knives a man would need.

Thanks, I think with the combo you could take care of just about anything.

VERY cool:thumbup: I admit it, I am a Choppaholic:D

What's happening with those swords brother?

VERY cool:thumbup: I admit it, I am a Choppaholic:D

What's happening with those swords brother?

Thanks man, this is my biggest chopper yet!

The swords are almost ready for me to send off to heat treat, lol my kiln can't handle 36 inches. I probably have a day or two more of work to put into them when I can find the time then I'll send them off. From then they will have some turn around time and then I'll get back on them... finish sand them and then time for handles, sheath and sharpening.

The swords are not for an order, they will be up for grabs. :cool:

Crappy Pic or not it's still shooting to the top of my want list!(Along with a LH bushcraft blade)

Back