Monster storm

Gossman Knives

Edged Toolmaker
We're being hit with a major Noreaster with up to 30 inches of snow in some areas of Maryland. I'll post pics later today. There was thunder earlier this morning. This will probaly be a new record storm for Maryland. The Govenor has declared a state of emergency with the Maryland National Guard called in to play.
Scott

Scott --

I was living out in Annapolis in '96 when the blizzard hit there, sounds like this storm was even bigger. Took nearly a week to dig out of that mess. Hope y'all made it through OK. Post some pics if you get the chance. :thumbup:

Finished up digging out earlier this morning. Alot of snow to moe. We ended up with 29" in my neck of the woods. Highest total was south of Baltimore, 38.4".
I posted some pics from yesterday.
Scott

Attachments

• Picture 342.jpg
    Picture 342.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Picture 341.jpg
    Picture 341.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Picture 343.jpg
    Picture 343.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 66
This has been one bitch of a winter. They are calling for 6 to 12 inches more Tues nite into Weds. I think New York and the North East are going to feel this next one.
Scott

That is alot of snow. Been a quiet winter here north of the boarder.

On a technical note after viewing the three pics, my PC was forced off the internet, maybe it was me or this PC, dunno what happened.

Yeah, it's been a doosy. With the prospect of another 4-8" for Tues-Wed in DC, we'd better restock our pantry while we have a lull. Stay warm!

- Mark

Finished up digging out earlier this morning. Alot of snow to moe. We ended up with 29" in my neck of the woods. Highest total was south of Baltimore, 38.4".
I posted some pics from yesterday.
Scott

Holy cows Scott that's some weather ya got there !:eek:

Ps. Did ya know the neighbours cat has jumped on ya head in one of the pics !:D

This has been one bitch of a winter. They are calling for 6 to 12 inches more Tues nite into Weds. I think New York and the North East are going to feel this next one.
Scott

yeah they say we are getting hit here on wed. night into thurs. morning. around 7 - 12 inches. can't wait!

Well Scott, you've convinced me... I need to move south if I want to go snowmobiling more often :) Seriously.... we haven't got much of anything recently here in NH, had to drive way up in Maine last couple of times I wanted to take the sleds out.

Enjoy the snow (ok, it is a bitch to move around if you want to drive anywhere), when was the last time you got to make a two story snow shelter? :)

Be safe!

Well Scott, you've convinced me... I need to move south if I want to go snowmobiling more often :) Seriously.... we haven't got much of anything recently here in NH, had to drive way up in Maine last couple of times I wanted to take the sleds out.

Enjoy the snow (ok, it is a bitch to move around if you want to drive anywhere), when was the last time you got to make a two story snow shelter? :)

Be safe!

Thanks but this is really making it tough to get to the shop. Watch out for the next two days. The storm that is hitting here tomorrow is headed your way.
Scott

Thanks but this is really making it tough to get to the shop. Watch out for the next two days. The storm that is hitting here tomorrow is headed your way.
Scott

Yeah, I bet it is making it tough to get into the shop, hadn't really thought along those lines.... and yes, we are getting the snow now, been snowing since I got to work at 6:30am and we almost have a dusting... almost. :)

It's really bad here. Part of my deck collasped. It's getting to the point where we will have close to 50" of snow on the ground! :mad:
Scott

It's really bad here. Part of my deck collasped. It's getting to the point where we will have close to 50" of snow on the ground! :mad:
Scott

Oh man, I am sorry to hear that Scott... being from the great white north, I tend to never really think of snow as a bad thing..... But it would surely suck if part of my house collasped. :( Sorry to make light of something that must be pretty major for those not use to it.....

We've had our share of major snowstorms but this is history in the making to have three 20+ inch storms in one winter. Especially 2 within 4 days.
Scott

Forgot to add, not only the snow but we've got 30 to 40 mph winds creating blizzard conditions. Baltimore city and Washington DC are in a world of hurt. I live north of Baltimore county right on the Mason Dixon line. Southern Pa. is getting hammered too.
Scott

Stay safe Scott.
I'm in Du Bois PA and the roads are shut down. I'm trying to go to Hartford CT and then to northern Vermont. I'll get there when the roads clear.

Back