Most recent CS purchase and why?

My last CS purchase was the Blackthorn Shillelagh because it's cool and affordable. However it's been quite a while since I bought a CS knife partly because the recent change to more expensive steels has brought up the price of CS knives very substantially. For example ,in Canada, the cost of the Tiger karambit folder and the Black Talon folder is around $170.00 a piece. I'm pretty sure that each of these knives would have been at least $50.00 cheaper in Aus 8 and I would be the happy owner of both. Instead I have neither. Another reason I haven't bought a CS knife recently is the lack of any new XL folder designs. I just hope CS hasn't abandoned this area of production permanently.

My newest is also my oldest...found it at a very nice price on tha Auction site!

CAM03302_zpsfoofcvoc.jpg

CAM03268_zps2kfwrsne.jpg

Older models really appeal to me, and they're way sexier than the new TriAds

2016-07-26%2008.48.05_zpssfnlgy14.jpg

2016-07-25%2018.51.45_zpsedojifs0.jpg

Slimmer and easier to carry in the pocket, too. :thumbup:

Original type AK-47, aluminum grip, ultra lock. I have an AK-47 with XHP blade and love it. I've been curious about the original version for some time and just found one with a price I could live with. Somewhere I saw a picture of one with the coating removed from the grip and then polished. Don't know if I will attempt that, but it was very nice looking.
Bob

Have not purchased a Cold Steel product in quite a few months... But, the last one was my third specimen of their 1917 Frontier Bowie Knife. As for why?... I really love the overall look of this model, so having a third one seemed like the right thing to do, lol! 👍☺👍

2ynf40y.jpg

I am buying a Cold Steel Broken Skull in blue off of a member on the forums because it look like it would be a nice tough but lite weight edc. Just thought I would give it a try. 😊👍 Kevin

What and Why
I guess everyone has seen it toooooo often now but while I am waiting for some education to come to me in another thread I'll bite :

Cold Steel Pendleton Hunter in 3V (the two magic characters) oh yah baby right ?

Thined out a little along the blade . . . (by oh about 56%)

Why ?
Why I would have thought that was obvious . . .
All I wanted was a Spyderco Sprig with a Krey-Ex handle.
Is that so wrooooooooooooog?

Kukri machete. Because its about as badass and fun as it gets for $22, I actually split some of these logs with it.

Q5FED0t.jpg
[/IMG]
Yv7Gctn.jpg
[/IMG]

Original type AK-47, aluminum grip, ultra lock. I have an AK-47 with XHP blade and love it. I've been curious about the original version for some time and just found one with a price I could live with. Somewhere I saw a picture of one with the coating removed from the grip and then polished. Don't know if I will attempt that, but it was very nice looking.
Bob
I did that to mine. I posted a pic a while back, but can't find it. I don't recommend the handle polishing. Wish I could re-anodize it as it looks ridiculous now.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I camp a lot, and while I was updating my knives as I spoke of earlier, I figured I might as well update my shovel (I dutch oven cook a lot) so a new Special Forces shovel is on its way! Good times.

I've found serrated blades to be good bug attractors.

CAM01506_zpsu1hqloh9.jpg

That's a kissing bug right? Had one like it on my door and caught it in a jar. Didn't wanna let it go because they bite next to your mouth and can spread disease! (If that's what it is...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got a new mini recon 1 today. Got 2 older mini recon 1 in Aus8, but wanted to try out the newer thinner one as a smaller EDC option. It is easier to carry and much better on your pocket with the smoother handle.

14240681_526429010900347_1771797727_n.jpg

Just received an XL Recon 1 in XHP. This thing is perfect. Lock releases smoothly for a new tri ad, edge bevels nice and even, blade dead centered when closed. Love it.:thumbup:

Looks like a squash bug to me. As in the gourd or what ever. I'm not a plant person. We have similar bugs here; usually with a bit more color but same general configuration.

That's a kissing bug right? Had one like it on my door and caught it in a jar. Didn't wanna let it go because they bite next to your mouth and can spread disease! (If that's what it is...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back