Most Used Becker? Most Used Knife?

Guyon

Biscuit Whisperer
Super Mod
Well... what about it? One and the same? Different knives?

For me, the Becker I use the most is a BK-24 with the zytel grips. Like the 1095 EsKabar, it is a "big little knife," meaning it will do a lot of versatile work for such a small blade. Mine rides in a trailbum (Northeast Kydex) sheath I picked up at a Gathering. Usually, it's in my Becker bag, so it goes on the road with me, and it's super easy to just slip the whole package in a front pocket.

Most used knife? An Old Timer slipjoint that's almost always in my pocket. I'll leave it out if I'm carrying a bigger folder or a fixed blade for outdoor activities, but more often than not, that little 12OT does the job.

image3.JPG

Out of the Becker knives, easily the BK9. I mostly use my knives for wood processing at the cabin, so the 9 it is. My most used, however, is my Victorinox Camper. Always in my pocket. I have been thinking about getting a Vic Huntsman, or Fieldmaster, just to have the scissors.

Last edited:
My most-used knives are my own EDC's, ~3" belt knives and birudashi.

Most-used Becker is currently a BK-3 for kindling at the cabin. When I get home, I'll probably find an excuse to clean up the yard with my BK-21.

Favorite Beckers, however, are 10, 9, modified 7, 5, and 16 for for the tweener. (ok, the 21 is up there too).

I always have my Victorinox Farmer, so it probably gets used most.

p8b9JLKh.jpg

I've mostly been running my BK10 in my pack lately.

3b1PKLWh.jpg

Since I've been working at a sawmill this year, the machax has been getting used a lot. It's a much better drawknife than the actual drawknife.

irv7fhjh.jpg

Most used Becker is my 16, although my 5 gets used almost as much in my kitchen. The 16 is also the most frequently grabbed fixed blade for hikes in the woods. Not my most expensive knife, but it always seems to end up on my belt.
nuliTmw.jpg

Most used knife is my Spyderco Pacific Salt. I work in/around salt water everyday. Gotta love H1's total lack of rust.
aNYlmFS.jpg

My most used knife is whatever folder I'm carrying. Currently a Cold Steel Voyager.

My most used Becker is either my 9 which mostly is used like a machete, or one of my Becker/ESEE kitchen knifes which are used daily by my wife and I.

View attachment 756696 View attachment 756697 Beckers that I used a lot back when New was the 2 and 7. Now it's the 4 . Most carried was the 11 now the 24. The little Vic classic is by far always with me as is the alox and vantage. Love the little scissors on the classic :D . Major brain fart went with most USE . I use the 24 the most of my Beckers .

Last edited:
mostly i use Becker Kitchen Knives...

and the BK16 and BK10...

elsewise, whatever pocket knife du jour - usually a Hogue... sometimes that nifty Cold Steel folding Scandi (wolf something)

spend a lot of time with sharp things, but woodworking tools, be they trees and timber, or clear wood, are different beasts a lot...

most used fixed blade -- ESEE/Becker small santoku
second most used fixed blade is a tossup b/t BK16 & BK24

most used knife is the victorinox huntsman that lives in my front pocket -- although the main blade on it is one of my least used.

I use the 9 the most by far. Always on my pack when hiking, mostly clearing trees that fall over the trails

Truth be told, my Sheffield utility lock back goes everywhere I go.
AcEWe8u.jpg

Of my Becker's, indoors the 15 does most things pretty well, outdoors I'm quite undecided. The 9 however, will not be denied. :)

My most used Becker typically is the one and only King, the 9. But lately the 12 has been getting a fair amount of use as well and even is with me every day in my pack. Probably my current favorite duo for venturing out into the woods.

My most used knife in general is whatever pocket knife I happen to select for the day which, as of late, has been some sort of traditional pattern. My current favorite is a Lambsfoot knife, made in Sheffield, just a terrific solid user of a knife.

AU94CSK.jpg

g2mzLDw.jpg

u7JSlOV.jpg

My most used knife is a kitchen knife. My Dexter Russell Chinese Cleaver. It isn't really a cleaver it is too thin for chopping bones. My Dobie is less than impressed. Stoic as usual. She is awesome! It is an affordable knife and nothing fancy but it is 1095 and ground thin. I love it.
tNjY00m.jpg

onsUdmI.jpg

U4LM4tO.jpg

k2nKKKZ.jpg

My most used folder is some variation of the Spyderco Military.
EkvCLAy.jpg

TCDgn5m.jpg

1uhkd33.jpg

azxlFx1.jpg

My most used Becker is the BK15. I love that knife! I do use my BK4 quite a bit too.

i3Mmlr1.jpg

O6l4R2c.jpg

NnjAgkl.jpg

3qtoxir.jpg

Last edited:
My most used fixed blade which is also a Becker is my bk 7 perfect size for me as the nines (for me) is a bit too big.... my most used folder would def be a ss scallion by kershaw great knife for sure highly recommend it.... overall I use my scallion more just cause it's gen in my EDC

BK11, small enough for discrete carry , large and tough enough for most cutting tasks. I've carried it on my belt, in my pocket and boot and as a neck knife. Bottle opener comes in handy also. This paired with my Case trapper has been my EDC for the past 5 years.

Back