Mountain Biker's Forum

Can't wait till you get a pimped out bike frame!
yeah me too! Think I might send along a couple fork lowers as well if that's cool.

I think I posted a pic of this old friend a few pages back.

We’ve been together since 1997. I went through a +/-15 year dry spell (occupation & raising a family), but she was there when I decided to get back into it. I’ve been on something modern for several years now but we still got together occasionally for nostalgia.

After our Christmas ride I decided it was time to end our relationship with the dirt (I’m getting old and there’s no denying modern geometry), so Tuesday I dropped her off at the local non-profit bicycle conservatory.

They assured me they would find her a good home.

Honestly, I was a little emotional about it.

I think I posted a pic of this old friend a few pages back.

We’ve been together since 1997. I went through a +/-15 year dry spell (occupation & raising a family), but she was there when I decided to get back into it. I’ve been on something modern for several years now but we still got together occasionally for nostalgia.

After our Christmas ride I decided it was time to end our relationship with the dirt (I’m getting old and there’s no denying modern geometry), so Tuesday I dropped her off at the local non-profit bicycle conservatory.

They assured me they would find her a good home.

Honestly, I was a little emotional about it.
I've been mountain biking since the late eighties, and owned a bike shop for a little under 17 years, and I know your story well! You're definitely not alone! I've ridden with and known so many people whose lives picked up in ways that made it hard to continue riding.

Good on you for gboyb-ing! And bonus points for passing your first love on to someone else :)

Anybody in this thread have a mountain bike instructor certification?
you're in the US, right?

man, I washed a little berm today and went down on my face! All the space between my lower lip and my teeth was full of soil- it happened so fast on such a mundane stretch of trail. I was not fucking happy about it, but in retrospect it was hilarious. I could see the imprint my chin made on the ground, and the plowed soil where my lower lip folded back on itself to let all that delicious dirt in. Got my probiotics today!

you're in the US, right?

man, I washed a little berm today and went down on my face! All the space between my lower lip and my teeth was full of soil- it happened so fast on such a mundane stretch of trail. I was not fucking happy about it, but in retrospect it was hilarious. I could see the imprint my chin made on the ground, and the plowed soil where my lower lip folded back on itself to let all that delicious dirt in. Got my probiotics today!
Correct - United States.

Dirt snacks . . . yum!

a perfect, slimy day!
C7PLO1c.jpg

Frame up Stache 7 build today with a new GX Eagle group.
Would have gone with a high zoot group but... Have you all seen the prices! 😳
Got this Dub set on closeout for $350, pretty sweet.
Yes, I ditched the dropper.
And of course it's going to be rainy and cold next week. Season hasn't really started here anyway.

20240316_161043.jpg

Back