Mountain Biker's Forum

well, after tearing everything apart, I found out that a tab on the chainring snapped off. That's what was causing my bike to creak in the most annoying fashion.
now, I got some winter meats, and am looking forward to some quiet, tractiony riding this winter
HPIw07y.jpg

came home from my ride today with a handful of lil puffballs. Fried in butter with sriracha and pepper, cheese melted over top, flipped onto a piece of toast with a sneaky pastrami in between
jZ7PJ9Z.jpg

got out for a ride today and it was glorious.
EsrKuTA.jpg

vtQN3WQ.jpg

gQq4fwm.jpg
Beautiful!
I'm referring to the sandwich.
Seriously, looks freshly made. My trailside PBJs look like they were scraped off my cleats.
But yes, looks like a great day. 🙂

Beautiful!
I'm referring to the sandwich.
Seriously, looks freshly made. My trailside PBJs look like they were scraped off my cleats.
But yes, looks like a great day. 🙂
I was pleased with how well my sammich held up. It fared better than my bike usually does. Almost went for pb&j, but it turned out to be more of a ham ride, so I layered my sammich accordingly.

well, it's working out pretty well! Next step is to secure this thing to a base. I think I'll mount a crank and pedals, and set it up so that when I need to put my feet up the crank rotates into position and when not in use the pedals flip back out of the way
EK8lByf.jpg

x3Vf4XE.jpg

well, it's working out pretty well! Next step is to secure this thing to a base. I think I'll mount a crank and pedals, and set it up so that when I need to put my feet up the crank rotates into position and when not in use the pedals flip back out of the way
EK8lByf.jpg

x3Vf4XE.jpg
Why don't you put on a tiny rear wheel and with a track up. Use a wide nylong rubbing block up front and you can motor around. I can't see anything going wrong with that and with a track hub you can engage reverse.

haha! Sweet!

Why don't you put on a tiny rear wheel and with a track up. Use a wide nylong rubbing block up front and you can motor around. I can't see anything going wrong with that and with a track hub you can engage reverse.
aea6ac0f74e835e7bdef3d1ccf8236aa.gif

got my stool all put together and so far so good. I'm gona put a crank and pedals on it which can be adjusted between two positions. Don't know how it's gonna work yet, but I pulled out an old bent pair of XTR cranks I hoarded and will mount em up tomorrow and go from there.

so far, it's very light and easy to move around via the bar at the back of the saddle. Might need more cushioning and a nice leather cover

👋🏻
New guy to this thread. I have biked for my whole life. Favorite discipline is mountain biking!
Anybody here have an instructor certification? I’m interested in getting one this year and am exploring the different options. Thanks

👋🏻
New guy to this thread. I have biked for my whole life. Favorite discipline is mountain biking!
Anybody here have an instructor certification? I’m interested in getting one this year and am exploring the different options. Thanks
I know folks who're certified, seem to be doing some good in the world.

I will take more of this weather, yes sir I will. Cool and clear, lots of moisture in the soil.
wL5KIav.jpg

I know folks who're certified, seem to be doing some good in the world.

I will take more of this weather, yes sir I will. Cool and clear, lots of moisture in the soil.
wL5KIav.jpg
Addressing hunger with extreme prejudice!

so I got out for a bit of a ride yesterday, first time since Jan 1. The park is a 10km ride from my house, and on my way home I ran into one of the directors of the local bike club. Looks like I might have inadvertently gotten myself a trail maintenance job! Weird, cus a couple days earlier, I had a long conversation with the Chief and we also discussed paid trail work once all the treaty stuff goes through.

In so many ways, it feels like things are coming around full circle. Excited for the future! So excited that I've started contemplating updated my bike for the first time in years!

the last two + years I've had my head down, grinding away, learning how to use my tools and learning how to make knives. Now that I feel somewhat competent at that, I'm jonesin to get back out and ride more regularly. Now that my head's in that space, I can't help but start thinking about a new chassis. My Endorphin has a 67 degree head angle and 130mm of rear travel, and the recently released Gen 6 version has a 64.5 degree head angle and 150mm of travel, so I'm thinking it's probably time to work toward upgrading. The owner of Knolly is a friend of mine, so I'll get a good deal on a new bike/frame.

Anyone out there interested in a Gen 5 Endorphin frame, size small? 😁

the last two + years I've had my head down, grinding away, learning how to use my tools and learning how to make knives. Now that I feel somewhat competent at that, I'm jonesin to get back out and ride more regularly. Now that my head's in that space, I can't help but start thinking about a new chassis. My Endorphin has a 67 degree head angle and 130mm of rear travel, and the recently released Gen 6 version has a 64.5 degree head angle and 150mm of travel, so I'm thinking it's probably time to work toward upgrading. The owner of Knolly is a friend of mine, so I'll get a good deal on a new bike/frame.

Anyone out there interested in a Gen 5 Endorphin frame, size small? 😁

Can't wait till you get a pimped out bike frame!

Back