Mountain Biker's Forum

anyone lose their chain tool....in 2003?
Z4kqmiQ.jpg

oh yeah, will do. There are photos to uncover
Yup, that one's vintage.

I love finding bits along the trail on my rides.
Last season I saw something shiny and was going to pass it by but grabbed it and stuffed it in my pocket. Got home and found it was a threaded plug for a SRAM crankset. Looked at mine and it was missing. I found my missing cap. 😳
I'll never win a lottery but I can find a missing bit the size of a nickel on a 20 mile leaf covered trail system.🙄

Bottom of the mountain shot of my bike in some bushes. Southeastern Adirondacks region.
Nothing very exciting just keeping things alive around here.

View attachment 2301370
I got an owie on my finger at the beginning of the week, but it's healed up pretty good so I think I'll be hitting the trail this weekend. I'm getting near the end of building 8(?) knives and I could use a little trail time

in your picture, it looks like the bushes are eating your bike

I got an owie on my finger at the beginning of the week, but it's healed up pretty good so I think I'll be hitting the trail this weekend. I'm getting near the end of building 8(?) knives and I could use a little trail time

in your picture, it looks like the bushes are eating your bike
It was a strange looking pine bush, should have gotten a better picture.
I'll be there again Monday leading a group ride, maybe I'll get a few pictures if the crowd isn't too needy.🙄
And I'm sure the owies are common in your line of work, I still have a lot of scars from my steelworking days.

got out for a rip today, it's fall-like; my favourite time of year!

Last edited:
That little front wheel wash at :30 had me expecting more stitches pics. 😉
Nice little vid, thanks!
yeah man, I was pretty perpendicular to y axis there. Couple other times, too. I did lay er down pretty good today, standard shin gouges and a sore pinky but no need for stitches or crazy glue. I did bounce my face off the ground ever so slightly but my beard took the brunt of it. Funny, I was thinking how silly full face helmets are and how I never hit my face on anything on my way up the hill. Self fulfilling ironic prophecy I suppose 😂

We did get rain but the trails are dry and there are lots of leaves on the ground, so traction is pretty inconsistent and hard to predict.

I am going to make myself some proper leather armour because I'm sick of constantly digging pine needles and whatnot out the gouges my pedals put into my shins. I've gotten past the shin'r pain at this point, since my shins are mostly scar tissue, but something's gotta give. I'm going to make plaster molds of my lower legs and wet form my leather to that. I have an old titanium Miyata frame that I'ma harvest some titanium from in order to make skid plates. They're gonna be dope.

yeah man, I was pretty perpendicular to y axis there. Couple other times, too. I did lay er down pretty good today, standard shin gouges and a sore pinky but no need for stitches or crazy glue. I did bounce my face off the ground ever so slightly but my beard took the brunt of it. Funny, I was thinking how silly full face helmets are and how I never hit my face on anything on my way up the hill. Self fulfilling ironic prophecy I suppose 😂

We did get rain but the trails are dry and there are lots of leaves on the ground, so traction is pretty inconsistent and hard to predict.

I am going to make myself some proper leather armour because I'm sick of constantly digging pine needles and whatnot out the gouges my pedals put into my shins. I've gotten past the shin'r pain at this point, since my shins are mostly scar tissue, but something's gotta give. I'm going to make plaster molds of my lower legs and wet form my leather to that. I have an old titanium Miyata frame that I'ma harvest some titanium from in order to make skid plates. They're gonna be dope.
Can't wait to see the armor! Ti and leather, be careful you'll start a trend.🤔
And I hear you on the shin gouges, I'm like 9% BF and all veins on my legs, I've had some squirters.😳

There it is! 😂
Hope everything feels alright tomorrow.👍
And for the love of all that is the purity of the sound of a perfect ride... Lube those seat rails. 😳 🤣
yeah, it's not that. I'm working through everything to find that creak. Haven't had much time to work on the ole steed lately

just before I left the bike industry, this kid was my main shop grom. One of the things I liked best about owning a shop was watching young people become adults. Some of them went off the rails into self destructive tendencies, but most went on to become excellent adults. Connor is definitely in the latter group, and I'm proud of the young man he's become.

Also, I told him not to crash on that last drop, but he obviously didn't listen, lol!

time for a tear down
i0YOFAq.jpg
Makes me sorry I brought up that squeak in your video last week.🤣

I've been chasing a clicking noise for weeks now, new BB, pedal rebuild, cassette splines, everything seat and post related, a few suspension linkage bits, and it's still there.
Time for a teardown.👍

Makes me sorry I brought up that squeak in your video last week.🤣

I've been chasing a clicking noise for weeks now, new BB, pedal rebuild, cassette splines, everything seat and post related, a few suspension linkage bits, and it's still there.
Time for a teardown.👍
I can't stand it when a bike makes wrong noises, so don't you worry- this had to happen. When the bike creaks so bad that I don't want to ride it, action must be taken!

the back end was pretty sticky, but after I flushed and greased the main pivot bearings and cleaned up all the bushings, it's moving the way it should.

the back end was pretty sticky, but after I flushed and greased the main pivot bearings and cleaned up all the bushings, it's moving the way it should.
Smooth now! 👍
I had a 2016(?) Endorphin and my squeaky area were the bushings atop the "seat stay". If I remember correctly there's a through rod or bolt that runs through, and if I remember the bushings were steel? Bad choice of materials, they were rusted. And no, I don't wash my bikes.👎
It was relatively new when the squeak developed so naturally I searched everywhere thinking there was no way the suspension could be the culprit already.🙄
Lots of moving parts on the 4x4, had a few head scratching moments reassembling after a full teardown, really should have paid a little closer attention taking it apart. 😂

Back