Mountainsmith Day TLS Lumbar Pack

The Warrior

๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ
Got the Mountainsmith Day TLS Lumbar Pack I ordered in today from Massdrop. I opted for the "Hops" color. I really liked the camo as well, but liked this one a bit better.

Specs:

* Interior foam padded sleeve for tablet carry
Smartphone compatible waistbelt pockets (Fits up to iPhone 6+ and Galaxy S6)
* FreeFlow ridged EVA backpanel padding
* Backpanel stash pocket ideal for securing passport, boarding pass, etc.
* Patented Delta Compression System load adjustment
* Side reinforced bottle pockets (fits up to 32oz)
* Inner Sanctum interior zipped compartment for small valuables
* Zippered front panel pocket with key clip
* Bottom panel compression straps
* Bright yellow lining promotes interior visibility
* Removable shoulder straps
* Headphone port

Details:

Bar tack reinforcements
YKKยฎ Zippers
3Mย™ Reflective Cord

Materials:

610d Corduraยฎ HP
210d Nylon Embossed Liner

Dimensions:

13" x 12" x 6" / 33 x 30 x 15 cm (L x H x D)
Waistbelt Width: 1.5"
Waistbelt Circumference: 28" - 48"

Volume:

800 cubic inches / 13 L

Capacity:

Up to 15 lbs

Weight:

1 lb 12 oz / 0.8 kg

A few photos:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

11.png

Next to my sling bag:

12.png

Next to my HPG Tarahumara:

13.png

Definitely gonna get the strapettes. Look forward to giving it a go. Been interested in one for quite some time.

Video:

[video=youtube;1W0KCzGJ5yw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W0KCzGJ5yw[/video]

Last edited:
Great bit of gear. I'm travelling at the moment and using mine as carry on for aircraft and general use. Used a day pack for years until a shoulder injury forced me to find an alternative.

They are well made and comfortable.

Great bit of gear. I'm travelling at the moment and using mine as carry on for aircraft and general use. Used a day pack for years until a shoulder injury forced me to find an alternative.

They are well made and comfortable.

Good deal. I use my slingbag mostly on day hikes, but was wanting to try a lumbar pack. Don't like my back getting hot, but I'm sure my lower back will now.

One thing I probably won't like, is swinging arms hitting the water bottles.

By the way, I got a good deal on this.

Last edited:
I'm interested. I have an older model North Face lumbar pack.

I think with the strapettes it will be comfortable, but still worried a bit about arm swing hitting the water bottles.

Just ordered the strapettes. They had them for $16.07 shipped, prime. Usually they're $19.99. Score

Also, the same pack in the video represents the color more correctly. Looks a lot brighter in my photos. Damn flash...

You'll like this pack. I have an earlier version call the Mountainsmith Day or Day II Lumbar pack. It is a classic, had it for more than 15 years I bet. For sure get the Strapettes, they are easily removable if need be but add a good support.

You'll like this pack. I have an earlier version call the Mountainsmith Day or Day II Lumbar pack. It is a classic, had it for more than 15 years I bet. For sure get the Strapettes, they are easily removable if need be but add a good support.

Thanks man. Ordered the strapettes a few minutes ago.

By the way, I got a good deal on this.

Effing MD is ALWAYS having those sorts of deals....not on everything, but there's always something too good to pass up. I try not to look at the emails anymore - mostly because I have less than optimal impulse control and an affinity for killer deals even if I don't need the (insert item) that's on sale.

Dubz, that Mountainsmith is a classic. Not surprising that they're still making those some decades later - they carry nicely, even without the strapettes. Try hanging a bottle carrier off the back webbing, tho - built in ones are fine for EDC use, but I found them irritating back when I used to XC ski with mine. Alternatively, you could stick a CamelBak waist bladder into it and blow off the bottles entirely.

Effing MD is ALWAYS having those sorts of deals....not on everything, but there's always something too good to pass up. I try not to look at the emails anymore - mostly because I have less than optimal impulse control and an affinity for killer deals even if I don't need the (insert item) that's on sale.

Dubz, that Mountainsmith is a classic. Not surprising that they're still making those some decades later - they carry nicely, even without the strapettes. Try hanging a bottle carrier off the back webbing, tho - built in ones are fine for EDC use, but I found them irritating back when I used to XC ski with mine. Alternatively, you could stick a CamelBak waist bladder into it and blow off the bottles entirely.

I hear ya about Massdrop. This is my first experience with them. All went well. I saw them later for about the same price I got there though. Could have had it in 2 days too, haha.

I put water bottles in the pack, and walked around the house with it. My arms didn't hit them at all.

I watched a vid on the tube, from I believe Gideons Tactical, and he reviewed the Tour pack. He puts a hose through the headphone slot, and says a 70oz bladder fits fine.

Btw, the specs said a 32oz bottle will fit, but my 38oz Guyot fit just fine.

I have a black Tour with strapettes. My favorite pack for short jaunts and dayhikes.

I have a black Tour with strapettes. My favorite pack for short jaunts and dayhikes.

Awesome man. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I wish they made the strapettes with more color options.

Lol...you sound like my daughter yesterday when we were picking out her new bike. She wanted a helmet to match her new wheels.

Lol...you sound like my daughter yesterday when we were picking out her new bike. She wanted a helmet to match her new wheels.

Haha. :D I don't mind so much per se, but you'd think after all these years, they'd have more options.

Cool pack. You should really like it. They carry like they aren't even there.

I have the exact same one set up as a bushcraft pack. 2 USGI canteens, M.E.S.T. 100' of Para, spool of twine. Kansbol attached to the Mollie, GB Outdoor axe tucked inside with the handle sticking out the right side. Badger Claw Fire pouch, Opinel saw with BC sheath, FAK, fingerless wool gloves, Trangia stove and GSI kettle, and on and on. I use the Strapettes.

Love these packs. Bride confiscated my old one. So I ordered the new style.

Back