Movie Quotes...

Here's one while we're waiting for musashi to post...

"Ben, I'm sure Jeff didn't mean to be rude, he just has a blunt way of putting things, unfortunately...."

"Well, there's nothing unfortunate about it, it just gets things said in a hurry."

I'll give you a hint on this one, 'cause it's kinda obscure; the second quote is Jimmy Stewart to a female costar. Love this movie....

I've no idea of the Jimmy Stewart quote,I love his acting!.
My new question quote is

"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man, you stay with him. And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished. WE'RE finished."

And for bonus points who can name the second movie in William Peter Blattys "Trilogy Of Faith"??

musashi said:
My new question quote is
"We're not gonna get rid of anybody. We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be. When you side with a man, you stay with him. And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished. WE'RE finished."

A: Wild Bunch

Q: "Imagine a king who fights his own battles. Wouldn't that be a sight?"

This is a huge thread, so forgive me if these quotes have already been posted. These are IIRC from a couple of classic oldies:

#1) "It's true, your honor, the man has no dick"

#2) "That knife is going to look funny stuck up your ass"

arawn said:
Q: "Imagine a king who fights his own battles. Wouldn't that be a sight?"
A: Troy.

Q: Look what I have created!
In case that's too vague. "I have created fire!"

Geode said:
This is a huge thread, so forgive me if these quotes have already been posted. These are IIRC from a couple of classic oldies:

#1) "It's true, your honor, the man has no dick"

A1: Ghostbusters

Not sure about the other one.

B.

Geode asked

One of my favorites, High Plains Drifter!!

L6steel said:
Geode asked

One of my favorites, High Plains Drifter!!

Thanks, that one was killing me!
I knew that I had seen the movie.
:)

B.

musashi said:
I've no idea of the Jimmy Stewart quote,I love his acting!.
My new question quote is

And for bonus points who can name the second movie in William Peter Blattys "Trilogy Of Faith"??

The Jimmy Stewart quote is from a neat little western called 'Night Passage.' It also had Audie Murphy, who was another of my favorites, Jack Elam, Brandon DeWilde, Olive Carey and others you'd recognize. In this one, Jimmy plays the accordion and sings a couple of tunes. It's just different, and they just don't make 'em like that anymore. :)

As for the second movie in the W P Blatty "T o F," I'm guessing 'The Ninth Configuration,' with Stacy Keach and Scott Wilson. That was a really nicely done little Psychological mystery. Loved it.

"I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awaken,but in the mean time rest well and dream of large women."

Morpeus said:
"I do not envy you the headache you will have when you awaken,but in the mean time rest well and dream of large women."

A: Princess Bride
(good choice as that's a lesser known line)

Q: "Anybody else want to negotiate?"

"Anybody else want to negotiate?"

A:The Fifth Element

Greatest line of all time:Ezekiel 25:17 The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother's and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

theboy said:
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brother's and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

A: Pulp Fiction

Q: I'm not afraid of the man who wants ten nuclear weapons, Colonel. I'm terrified of the man who only wants one.

Centaur said:
Q: I'm not afraid of the man who wants ten nuclear weapons, Colonel. I'm terrified of the man who only wants one.

A: Peace Keepers

Q: "In case your aim's any better than your judgement."

Back