Mr. Knife’s never-ending giveaway 2.0, stop #28

Your kids made some great choices, as did you.
That buck stockman with the blue shield and dark wood is attractive combination.
And the folding hunter you added looks like a really well made piece, I'll bet it doesn't last long.

Allowing people to try out different knives is the best part of this GAW for sure, but It's really fun to see what people take and add.
Always great choices, though you really cant go wrong with anything in the box.

Your kids made some great choices, as did you.
That buck stockman with the blue shield and dark wood is attractive combination.
And the folding hunter you added looks like a really well made piece, I'll bet it doesn't last long.

Allowing people to try out different knives is the best part of this GAW for sure, but It's really fun to see what people take and add.
Always great choices, though you really cant go wrong with anything in the box.
I think they are going to like them and find them useful. The stock's was an easy choice as I don't have many in the smaller side and I really like the blade makeup on the stockman.

I agree, my favorite part was going through the box and checking out knives that I would have otherwise not even thought about, let alone getting to handle them. I hope that future recipients of this box enjoy it as much as I did.

I am interested in that dark knife above the blacksmith's knife, looks like jigged bone, pinched bolster, and a wharncliffe blade.

That's an English Jack, long sheepsfoot and pen secondary. The scales are jigged bone. It's a good knife.

That's an English Jack, long sheepsfoot and pen secondary. The scales are jigged bone. It's a good knife.

Now you are talking!!! Thanks for the info. The jigged pattern caught my eye and was wondering if it was synthetic or bone.

I am not getting thread updates so let me add a little post here :p congrats to our most recent winner

Thanks, like an early Christmas.....but in September!! Reminds me of when we were kids, the Christmas toy catalogs came out and we drooled over the cool tools from Toys R Us, etc. we wore the pages out flipping through them.

It arrived!!! Found on my front porch this morning, so it must have come late afternoon yesterday. I will open when I get home from work tonight. Thanks again and will get some pics.

Thanks, like an early Christmas.....but in September!! Reminds me of when we were kids, the Christmas toy catalogs came out and we drooled over the cool tools from Toys R Us, etc. we wore the pages out flipping through them.
I was born in early 80's loved the GI Joe toys of the 80s into some of the early 90s and I remember looking at those Sears catalogues and all the GI Joes in them.

It arrived!!! Found on my front porch this morning, so it must have come late afternoon yesterday. I will open when I get home from work tonight. Thanks again and will get some pics.

Ok, had a good time looking though the box, lots of good stuff in there. I picked up two Boker Barlows, and the jigged bone trapper with lined bolster. Really cool.

To pick the next person on the list, I did an unscientific way to choose the number, I added up the digits in the date I openned the package, 9-17-20, and came up with #19, so the next person will be Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley . PM sent.

Last edited:
Excellent! Looking forward to this!
I’ll report back on its arrival.

Thanks for keeping this going!
G2

It’s going well

See the link I provided above for the thread of the new giveaway which is over and the box is already enroute to the winner.

G2

Back