MSP Core 4 Stove (Core 4 Bio-reactor Multifunction Stove)

Nice.

Each serve their purpose - that larger model can do stuff, the FireAnt cant.

The FireAnt is great though; super minimalistic gear and for a simple cup or bowl of food for one person on the go, it just right for my use.

Fast too - for a simple wood fed stove.

Negliable weight for hiking and for when kayaking as well.

I have a couple of stoves; one has to be aware, that the FireAnt has to be fed continuously due to its small size and when no breeze/wind, its often necessary to fan the flames.

I could not be happier with the FireAnt though.

It resides permanently in my smock breast pocket, whether I intend to use it or not.

Its so light weight, you dont notice it.

VK36FjG.jpg

Most pics you find online from the Core 4 are taken from the new stove.
I got some questions from people asking how the stove holds up over time.
If it gets all black inside and if parts get warped from the heat.
I've used the stove on quite a few trips, and took some pics on how it looks today.

Here's to show how the stove holds up after a couple dozen of burns....
Except for the change of color (improved a lot) it's as good as it was the day it arrived.

Still fits the original bag:
MSP_Core4_30.jpg

The different parts, insides and outsides showing. Except for the rocket port all the soot (never much anyway) comes of easy.
MSP_Core4_31.jpg

Colors are beautiful after some use:
MSP_Core4_32.jpg

MSP_Core4_33.jpg

Everything still fits perfect like its supposed to
MSP_Core4_35.jpg

here with the grill plate I don't use much:
MSP_Core4_36.jpg

I believe all titanium stoves will take on some warp.

My FireAnt is visibly warped - it has absolutely no impact on how the stove functions.

h1p7Mynmjvdr5U40oAXgcYdmhAd4jLIRX96LXyuInZ0KNSwqp_tJyjXd9_Hpj9LeiYeO7gIsuZshKV5Lr3sGGzmzkihGBBYyHkxL0RUuGdRHGu-DII6XRBVgZGqTtCqkZfPDFPU3opfxHhsji-Ms5CC3TMwvhI1Mn0or5gcgOAxZ29goWygU1z9HoYOUxKkznj0Y_ECfMztzYGaWqjb-jzj6xVGcFeA2AfAdM1HUacRp5OyrudrhjZiEJUkHRNM1He_iuF8gYcjEV8FvLbe6SxSB_TxkWDKVjKjjPuSueys9FTtwrFMUJOoQp42YK1ReoOYJ5CnM3Ue2KDw0k0Y75Y6L8OELwud8zfiRU9yVo3rYomDGkpOUAgPj3t9PzCOk8yozfLlFQ4OojiNX8NVbeDJE-dX0P6Hiz0UltOWPPBahOGVKhIetEuJRdxOBx1kmXWY_PVuJkMvyD1wnJDDj4JIrqcjMW9TG2QXE2B-hveFivloFED0Kg2SlDZcLzkn5fMKI2B8HJwrPtdSqhFEZTMZZHu71XdbEgKzoovWGkgr6WY0G9zF13F6bjDMlVPYw8TKrb7xa2A-vTodogmJeSTmSu5Qw-z4kFRx8hHg=w800-h533-no

Burning in my fav setup, 3 afterburners, tlud and rocketport in place.

Took the MSP Core 4 with me to France and Spain this year.
here it's burning on the borders of the Dordogne river.

aXYJaPOAEM5hfguW0I14FSuIVynlamtTp_l-CPUR8huvnhq9LBMzXAlst0CmyegxI7RbSzyGqcx0rWUIiq47J_LsAWgyiMc7pFJP-_0X4xknSFUu0yNjouCSu5UmP5Uz78JQ5O-glBW0ZHA_ZU-EG9nlFHgouuCRdIEm3tkgdwWml1eG93F70hiZMPcL1nKCMVZN398qLHCXUHwTwZgcYmE4hdpwavD-DLtA17CJwgQzS9x5QDDBjea1h2roZ0cr64-P0s1mMpjZl5ZFl5p3UZzNjfD6mD-LVwCeG88Ds5hq9PRDnwrwbAz1uHIL-bG58wFTxdeq3x55an4sz0St-5ygPwpZrr7S_DscAjqx_xXNx2GhiPIF3JraPPuQMyWhpj5EOsEe43vj8hqXZ6i_f02yIlnNLiEU8sCiG1h7tzpAWd0lW8j-Uyqc3skr8whrprF-tNsUnxYGCdHq4sMpjHDNTQlnyw0FVYqRxQraHb26hYMs1cAgIev1SDxhA6b1yR6X7RZKrqiVshLgodg6OedmEJP9V_4BJgJ2XK3NC5-BUCLbhHS-a4jRz6BdJvvsmyuu8i2HS_sRlNvM18g_WF7d9NtZwWx0YmPuzp8=w800-h533-no

CShXFmFTdYA22AlT8TytDkzVfZevQul7QQXsUT2idh0Nb6vDX7pIg6NO1mZBYqwSXVUXgLJq0vcv65zIa2iHks7-XxJ-t8yaE2l6eBbMRKjFwG5o9d3BBP9TNuKDE04hadvnpffp22kTrdpX_ANnFwCc-8z7EfGkxDrLAc5qw5oXNukrxGQFiDU_02-f_LfGVnLlmIkVuv3rrinsUutGdbeEbVkiK_ctfIjo3_XTcX0kSe56EnwvO9FiXTsugjczt9k9bBETOZ6bEGIkIbQb7Ti7_HYzDgi8SxlF1Vin2lh6Hf7-n5iDWegUXQIKIFC6ZN31GbnKAFBGnaDiTw7hWLFwAlQy0pwkw64o4V6dDCWwQmmjKKaeu34VLVFMPQPNmCQCx80pE8J6kIXZouN2icPSVNVDE7_kmtqsciQhGSrLUzxhFYHvF_WD8gtJ1Y534rVmALbr-n15CvSXPm_1y9lrfNppsKsM2rxo-xyujy-nUf3JWXhLFdapaIq8i5kYlxM7bzM9qPMoFs9KuJaEncc_S73Dm8veKGxpxpI1evbFHNjEfj_8gNb29iZDHQzEmDSc1BTNY5WZMzs3e2ByRsVKJQojNbDFhtH6pMc=s800-no

Nice.
You presumably happy with it?
Decent sized firesteel too. I got one of those Exotac firesteels - way too small, so just bought a cheapo standard size steel and striker. Works a charm.
As for stoves, Im still hanging on to the ti Fireant and the Vargo alcohol stove.

Nice.
You presumably happy with it?
Decent sized firesteel too. I got one of those Exotac firesteels - way too small, so just bought a cheapo standard size steel and striker. Works a charm.
As for stoves, Im still hanging on to the ti Fireant and the Vargo alcohol stove.

Yeah, I love the stove. Have it for several years now. (since 2015, looked it up)
Many ways to set it up... and they all work like a charm. :)
And big firesteels rock! This one is 1/2" :p

Last edited:
If you have 4 minutes of your life to spare...
Watch some backyard bushcraft coffee making captured on video
;).gif

I'm sorry if I'm necro'ing this thread, but I felt my question didn't deserve its' own thread.

Does anyone know if MSP is still in business?

I have sent them a message about two days and have yet to receive a reply. While that's not a big deal, their own website lists almost everything out of stock and their social media activity seemed to suddenly stop after last november.

In Januari 9th there was a message telling "Fresh batch of FRAG Solid's, Core 4's, Core 5's in." So I guess Chad's still in buisiness :)

Thanks! I think I'll email them instead of using their contact form. I think something may have went wrong when I used their contact form.

Well, it's been over a week since I e-mailed them, and over 10 days since I filled out their contact form. I'm not sure what's going on, but running a business doesn't seem to be a part of it.

At this point I have to ask myself, if they won't respond to my messages when I'm about to give them my money, how will they respond if I should ever require aftersales service? I might try finding out what's what via social media, but I'm honestly kinda done with this.

So, what's a good alternative for the MSP Core 4 stove?

Sad to hear this.
My experience with MSP has been perfect.
Keep in mind that it's just a one guy buissiness, (probably beside a daytime job) so life can get in the way sometimes, health issues, or or something as simple as a vacation can effect response times.

Yeah, no hard feelings. I mean, life can happen. But I gotta move on too.

(Although if something was up, couldn't he have set up an automated message like an out-of-office or something?).

sharing a cool shot that shows the gassifier effect very clear, you can see the gasses ignite to a flame on the top part of the stove in this pic

AJFCJaUVHrcJiTLI8lGG9_eR4XQzQOK6GLXhs52Kfsy_sLN8vBY9Mbelcv8YBCJGonPmbUsgtBTe8j0y5ZKS1VLO9HP3k17dq8aLwOd6hG5E981bPTRoP87z=w1600

Back