Muddy Camp

With the three knife comparison....
ALL of them look like Winners!
I wouldn't be able to decide which one i like best? haha

With the three knife comparison....
ALL of them look like Winners!
I wouldn't be able to decide which one i like best? haha

They were great, I eventually picked all 3 up from the guy but only kept the mud turtle (super knife!). The muddy camp just created too much crossover with the mud turtle and the personal camp is great but the handle is a little smaller than some of John's other knives, and I had 4 or 5 with 4" blades at the time including my own bushcamp that John made for me. Love the butcher knife looking tips. I can't remember who has that now.

They were great, I eventually picked all 3 up from the guy but only kept the mud turtle (super knife!). The muddy camp just created too much crossover with the mud turtle and the personal camp is great but the handle is a little smaller than some of John's other knives, and I had 4 or 5 with 4" blades at the time including my own bushcamp that John made for me. Love the butcher knife looking tips. I can't remember who has that now.

That's really good information, Thank you.
Visually the Personal Camp "looks" to have a nice, beefy handle. It was on my growing wishlist for John.....But I will need to stick to larger handles.

That's really good information, Thank you.
Visually the Personal Camp "looks" to have a nice, beefy handle. It was on my growing wishlist for John.....But I will need to stick to larger handles.

It was a little thin at the front for me and not as long. John could probably work with you on that some. I think it would be perfect for someone with medium hands and I think it just fits someone with large hands. It does make it a really nice package size-wise, IMO, I just like long handles so the mud turtle is magical. Even for my little fixed blades like the element or hurley creek I like 4" handles. The personal camp handle worked but it was borderline tight so if I had options, and I had plenty, it ended up getting set aside for the Rule 9 or Kephart, or mud turtle if I wanted the 5" blade.

The muddy camp would solve the small handle thing for you as it uses the mud turtles handle and I think it would easily accommodate someone up to an XXL glove size.

It was a little thin at the front for me and not as long. John could probably work with you on that some. I think it would be perfect for someone with medium hands and I think it just fits someone with large hands. It does make it a really nice package size-wise, IMO, I just like long handles so the mud turtle is magical. Even for my little fixed blades like the element or hurley creek I like 4" handles. The personal camp handle worked but it was borderline tight so if I had options, and I had plenty, it ended up getting set aside for the Rule 9 or Kephart, or mud turtle if I wanted the 5" blade.

The muddy camp would solve the small handle thing for you as it uses the mud turtles handle and I think it would easily accommodate someone up to an XXL glove size.

The Muddy Camp looks like a very good mix.
I Just got my First JK last week, and I'm in the books for another in June (CBK)
I am kinda daydreaming..... If John will agree? I haven't asked him yet..... If my Canadian could have a Straight back, towards the tip......

Or, maybe, because of This post, Could it be a Canadian Camp? with the butcher tip...... I'm not sure how those would be? or if they have been done before?
I know Yours is a modded Canadian, with a clip point, Right?

I Just got my First JK last week, and I'm in the books for another in June (CBK)
I am kinda daydreaming..... If John will agree? I haven't asked him yet..... If my Canadian could have a Straight back, towards the tip......

Or, maybe, because of This post, Could it be a Canadian Camp? with the butcher tip...... I'm not sure how those would be? or if they have been done before?
It's a pretty straight clip, bottom left (stupid imgur app won't let me see other pictures that well, it's a pretty awful app compared to how well the imgur website works.)

SOerMQd.jpg

A straight back from where it curves up all the way to the tip would be possible, but I’m not sure what a butcher tip is.

A straight back from where it curves up all the way to the tip would be possible, but I’m not sure what a butcher tip is.

In the picture of post #8 in This thread..... Both your Personal Camp, and your Muddy Camp have a clip looking point that remind me of butcher's knives....

But knowing that I can get a straight back Canadian would put a huge smile on my face... I'll get back to you if I go that route, and which wood for scales in the coming days.

*I Really like the straight back on my EDC that you made. I was stabbing, and digging it into everything this weekend.
maybe the Canadian should match? haha

1621889118473.png

In my mind, it's where you have an upsweep to a point at about 3/4 up the blade and then it sweeps back down to a point, like a clip point. Some are rounded or straight after they upsweep but I always think of those like the old hickory style. I think the aim is more belly but still a fine point that is more inline with the handle than a trailing point.

Back