Multitool/Pocket Tool/Keychain

Uhhmmm.....what tools are in it? How big is it? What's it made of? If its Ti, will it be anodized? Will there be a small edge on it? Is is available in Damascus? Did I miss the picture post of it?

Uhhmmm.....what tools are in it? How big is it? What's it made of? If its Ti, will it be anodized? Will there be a small edge on it? Is is available in Damascus? Did I miss the picture post of it?

No real pics yet, I posted the template in the first photo of the D2 tanto thread. I will do the WIP "where's waldo" style... :p :D

Tools in it - Bottle Opener, Flat Head Screwdriver, Shackle Opener... not a lot but they will work well
What's it made of - .125" D2 steel, it is tough, wear resistant and good about not rusting... premium material. I might make some in anodized Ti later
Finish - stonewash
No edge planned, maybe I will do a special "shank" version with a sharpened screwdriver shaped end
No Damascus yet but that would be great for a later run

Yes, I want one.

OK, sounds good! Thanks

Me too +1

Thanks for the input! :D

put me on the list too, Daniel. I couldn't find the pic/template on the other thread but figure that since I'm already down for at least 3 other blades from you I'll most probably like this one too!

Count me in, can't have to many bottle openers if you like beer.

put me on the list too, Daniel. I couldn't find the pic/template on the other thread but figure that since I'm already down for at least 3 other blades from you I'll most probably like this one too!

Hey Thanks, that is nice to hear.

Here's a template, it isn't cut out very well... those should be holes too. :D

Untitledopener.jpg

Count me in, can't have to many bottle openers if you like beer.

Sounds good!

Any plans for a glass breaker,file, or laser ? ;)
on the multi tool !

I'd like to carbide coat something and try it as a glass breaker, that would be cool if it worked. This one is too small to be used that way in my opinion.

laser - the laser model is next, light saber style! :D

Who can argue with this kind of logic?! Now pass me another beer!

Exactly! :D

Thanks for the feedback guys!

My main emphasis on these is that they will work well and be very well finished.

If u had enough of that .315 left to make one I would put my name all over it!!! But I am down for one either way put me on the list brother.

If u had enough of that .315 left to make one I would put my name all over it!!! But I am down for one either way put me on the list brother.

That is tempting! Sounds cool, it would be serious at that thickness!

After making the D2 tantos I know D2 is going to be awesome for these, it is very wear resistant and is good about not rusting. I usually have to deal with minor surface rust from dipping and grinding the knives, with D2 it just stays clean.

At 1/8" thick they will be strong as can be, the screwdriver/pry tip will be awesome (.125" D2 screwdriver lol think about it!) and the bottle opener should have lots of contact to work nicely. The shackle key will need to be tested but I think it will be great for most boats, it will also work on stuck wing nuts or that sort of thing.

Cool, love the old Ford key. So, you'll be shipping these out Monday? :D

Back