Multitool/Pocket Tool/Keychain

Cool, love the old Ford key. So, you'll be shipping these out Monday? :D

Yeah, Monday! :D

Those keys are chisel ground by the way.

I was looking at how rough the keys look in the photo, lol the finish is horrible. I need to send them off for pimping, maybe some jimping so I don't slip up on the ignition key.

:D

That's the key to my '62 Ford Unibody, I need to change a leaking head gasket (dried out) on the 351 Cleveland and it should be nearly good to go... lots of work really. It was rebuilt about 10 years ago and was only used for a year before it sat. I bought it a few years ago and really want to fix it up. It has mag wheels, a hurst shifter, bucket seats... it looks like it was rebuilt in the late 70's because of the parts used. I like that look so I think I will keep it that way. One day I'll start working on it again!

I'm going to get these started as soon as possible. :D I have had a great response on these, they are going to be fun!

Hi Daniel,

Man it's a little confusing for me here, but i'll figure it out. Turns out i've been a member here for three years, just never posted or came back lol. Not sure why but my name is SID-SWITCH-BLADE ? Weird. Anyway i'm around and will be stopping in getting to know everyone.

SEth

Last edited:
Looking at that old Ford key...looks like it'll make a good starting point for this tool you have in mind.

Key.png

Gooeytek, that is really cool, I like the design a lot.

I have a bunch of these in progress now, look out for some soon! :cool:

Damm nice, Daniel! With all you got going on, wonder sometimes when you sleep!

Looking good! Hope there will be a second batch... after, say 2 months or so...

Looks great Daniel, btw what was the price on these? I may have to get 2 of them. :D

Looking good Daniel!

Thanks!

That one is mostly finished, I had just rounded the edges before the pic. After that I need to do two more belt stages, heat treat, a quick post heat treat clean up grind, grind the screwdriver/pry tool bevel, sign, etch and stonewash so they will be looking good! lol that's all!

Damm nice, Daniel! With all you got going on, wonder sometimes when you sleep!

Lol I don't! Actually when I do sleep I sleep a lot if I can. I am on the wake at 3am (baby) one day then fall asleep at 8pm and sleep 10 hours the next night schedule right now, it is tough... lol! I'm baby watching right now but I'm about to go man the grinder until late, I like to work until it is dark if I can. I find if I can get a ton of grinder time in then everything else usually falls into place. My last business was mining/grinding stone all day, that's how I got into knifemaking.

Looking good! Hope there will be a second batch... after, say 2 months or so...

I think so, these should be a model to stay! I'm already making plans for more.

Looks great Daniel, btw what was the price on these? I may have to get 2 of them. :D

I need figure some stuff out and will have a price soon. I'm close! They may be available through a dealer as well as me, that is why I still am not sure.

Daniel, if I might... Did you think of incorporating a hex hole for standard screwdriver bits? Sometimes there is very little space and having a flat tool that will work with bits might be handy... :D

I just found this and I would definitely be in for one or two. Anxiously awaiting...
Great to heat that! Pricing soon!

Daniel, if I might... Did you think of incorporating a hex hole for standard screwdriver bits? Sometimes there is very little space and having a flat tool that will work with bits might be handy... :D

I think I will do a later tool with the hex hole, maybe something with a few different features. Hex bit, box ripper, maybe a sort of wrench (but it will work well!... that's my thing no gimmicky features) and of course a bottle opener. It will be a ways off, I have a lot going on right now... considering a Ti version of this one eventually.

These will have a flathead screwdriver/pry end ground in, it isn't there yet in the photo.

I took these to a near mirror polish yesterday and spent almost all day just rounding the edges. They are looking good, almost ready for heat treat!

Would his first name be Jon? :D

:D

Back