My Bushboot Sheath

Thanks for the criticism guys. You got dead right on the stitches, I sat aside my wheel marker, and went BIG and by eye. Plenty of strength either way, and as tis one is mine, I just don't give a rats ass for 20 more stitches. On edges, I like square edges, and bottoms squared off as well. If I was trying harder, I'd have put a pair of lanyard tubes in the squared tip area. Again, mine, wanted pretty and function, and done quickly.

I've specialized in knives, and I don't plan to look back. Though, at the guild meeting, I was very tempted to get a Artisan stitching machine and start turning them out myself. Then I remembered how much I'd rather spend the time doing what I do professionally. Knives. I'm also not into firesteels or any other distraction from my work. Add to that that there is no need, there are fellas that are sheathmakers, and we are symbiotic. All leads me back to the knives.

Dylan is a copycat and knows that I just started a bunch of coffin handled knives. What a terd.

Sorry if this isn't really related but where did you get that clip for the sheath? Great job on that knife though it looks awesome.

The clip came from some knife supply house. Can't remember which, but the two I use the most are:

Pops Knife Supply
Midwest Knifemaker Supply

Both are run by Knifemakers, GREAT ONES, and both men are good folk as well.

Thanks for the help, i'm actually waiting for a few more things to get delivered so i can make a few knives and sheaths for myself and i really like not being limited to carry on a belt so when i saw the steel clip the idea's started flowing.

Back