my dream knife has arrived..along with a koyote.

That Fowler knife is swell! Nice sheath too. I like :)a simple handsewn sheath neatly done. You see so many FANCY sheaths that are machine sewn with dangling frays of poly thread here and there. :thumbdn:With that saber grind, that knife looks to be aimed at some serious baton/splitting work and heavy duty chopping, such as shelter building. Still, I would like to see a flat ground all way the way out to the spine version! :eek:

Hey Mike, that is one kick-ass looking knife. Congrats!

Waiting for the 'chips flying' pictures.

Doc

...... most of you folks that know me on this forum, know that i genrally dan't care much for big knives,... mike

:grumpy:ALRIGHT!! WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE REAL MTNFOLK MIKE!?!?!:grumpy:

Seriously, Mike, I have those thoughts too, but they tell me as long as I don't act upon them, it's OK and it's "normal.":eek:

I always look forward to your pics because of the neat "small" knives in your collection. I have similar preferences and do the vast majority of my work with blades under 4". I have been playing with a 5" blade and feel like it's too big for most stuff and too small for chopping so,.... I have been looking at the "big" knives too. Just not sure yet what to get.

THAT one looks like a real beast. The 3/16" thickness is about as thick as I think I would want one myself - any more and that thing would weigh five pounds.:eek: I like that handle too.:thumbup:

Congratulations on scoring a long-sought-after blade. I am anxious to see "working photos" on this one.

EDIT: To my great embarrassment, I did not wait for all the pics to load. Went back and saw the Kool Koyote stuff! I am a Bushcraft junkie and that's a nice-looking blade. I have two of the PSKs, just like yours and have not had the chance to get them out and mess around with them. Now that it's too cold in the shop to do much Kydex work, I should get a chance to get them out for some fun!

Last edited:
Great score Mike.
Will you be taking that to the next chop-fest at Ban's?
Either way, I would love to see some shots of that bad boy in action.

:grumpy:ALRIGHT!! WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE REAL MTNFOLK MIKE!?!?!:grumpy:

Looks like young Mike is all grown up and leaving the nest. He's been hanging with Ban and his band of chopaholics.... The temptations will be great... Ak's, Rucks, the oh so seductive Battle Mistresses.... Koster's Survivor, almost everything Siegle makes....

All we can do is hope we have taught him well, and given him the guidance he will need to see himself through. I have to fess up though, I'm the one who sent him the Fowler.... I'm so ashamed....

:D:D

Looks like young Mike is all grown up and leaving the nest. He's been hanging with Ban and his band of chopaholics.... The temptations will be great... Ak's, Rucks, the oh so seductive Battle Mistresses.... Koster's Survivor, almost everything Siegle makes....

All we can do is hope we have taught him well, and given him the guidance he will need to see himself through. I have to fess up though, I'm the one who sent him the Fowler.... I'm so ashamed....

:D:D

haha... it's all your fault tim...:D at least when we go broke, that's what i'm going to tell my wife...:eek: JK...

no matter how many times i go to those chopathons, i doubt i will ever become a big knife guy...:) though i will admit, i am in love with those AK's and RUCK's... but will never have $800-$900 to shell out for one.. :( those BUSSE's are waaaaay too expensive...
i honestly think this will probably be the only big knife i'll ever own...:thumbup: i love it...

thanks again dude.... i was just in the backyard hacking at an old round we have...:D:D

i honestly think this will probably be the only big knife i'll ever own...:thumbup: i love it...

Well it's just to dang bad I got rid of most my big choppers. I would have traded you out of all your cool bushcraft stuff. Tell you what, I do have a Steel Heart if you are interested... the last of my choppers, well, untill the Koster gets here.

J/K man, I'm gonna hold on to the SH for a while. It's my firm opinion everyone needs at least one chopper, just for the experience if nothing else. They are fun!

I agree that one good performing chopper is a must have simply for the amazing amount of work it can do. I had to many for a while and now that I sold off my SH-E for some cash and a PSK SR I onely have the one custom bowie. When you have a really good chopper matched to a nice little detail knife you have the ultimate bushcraft set up.
My SH-E with the full flat grind and 8 insh drop point blade was damn good but the forged bowie is even better.

The looks of Mikes new blade is beautiful as well and I love the simple classic lines and the not to thick stock. The sheath is excellent as well.

I agree that one good performing chopper is a must have simply for the amazing amount of work it can do. I had to many for a while and now that I sold off my SH-E for some cash and a PSK SR I onely have the one custom bowie. When you have a really good chopper matched to a nice little detail knife you have the ultimate bushcraft set up.
My SH-E with the full flat grind and 8 insh drop point blade was damn good but the forged bowie is even better.

The looks of Mikes new blade is beautiful as well and I love the simple classic lines and the not to thick stock. The sheath is excellent as well.

i have to agree with you on this one....:thumbup: i do think that everyone needs at least one good chopper...:D

i am loving this one... the lines and geometry are just perfect...it's nice and simple.. not too thick for it's size either...:D

Alright, I know you couldn't wait to get this knife! You dare put it up to the INFI challenge? :cool: Hahha, awesome knife bro, congrats! :thumbup:

Stunning workmanship... beautiful! Too big for me (like you I tend toward smaller blades these days) but it is beautiful....

sigh now I want one too..... :/

dude!!!! Thats the knife that got me started making knives!!! You have a beauty :)
Here is my latest Spinoff of that pattern. Dont get rid of that knife unless its to ME!!!:D

Attachments

• D2_TTW.jpg
    D2_TTW.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
dude!!!! Thats the knife that got me started making knives!!! You have a beauty :)
Here is my latest Spinoff of that pattern. Dont get rid of that knife unless its to ME!!!:D

right on brian...:thumbup: i have been in love with this knife/design for a long time now.. i remember reading that, this was one of the knives that got you started... that's waay cool... i'm so stoked that i finally got one...:D

i like your version a lot.. that knife is gorgeous.. is that cocobollo...:eek:

yeah, its cocobolo. I have 1 piece left with a light dark combination that I am thinking of using for my 1st 154 CPM chefs knife for my house :) Save a cool piece with weird coloring for myself...he he. but thats next year I hope.....way next year.

yeah, its cocobolo. I have 1 piece left with a light dark combination that I am thinking of using for my 1st 154 CPM chefs knife for my house :) Save a cool piece with weird coloring for myself...he he. but thats next year I hope.....way next year.

oh, you knifemakers have it rough man..:eek: " wow, check out this cool chunk of cocobollo... hhhmmm.. i think i'll keep it for myself..":) haha... post some pics of that kitchen knife when it's done...:thumbup:

;)he he :) Will do buddy! You will love the sub 3"ers I have recently that no one has seen yet :) HE HE 6" overall and 1 is a warncliff :)

Hows that for punishment:D:foot: thats way not fair.....:eek:

Excellent score ! The handle scales & Contour design looks like she fits like a Glove ! Man I really like that big ole Knife ! Great sheath as well...the Koyote blade is sweet too,

Back