• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

My experience with Ann_Dem

I noticed a nice Boker knife for a good price in Production knives for sale.

I did notice a couple of compliments regarding dealing with her but I admittedly did not read the Threads thoroughly. I ADMIT: That was my mistake.

I did notice the location of "IL" however.

I responded in the Thread to see if it was still available. I didn't see a response so I sent an email.

I got a prompt response and it sounded good so I promptly sent payment through PayPal. When I received notification of the PayPal payment and it indicated it was an "international" transaction to a person named Martin G. in Israel, whom i'd never heard of? I became concerned.

I have received phony Home Pages for PayPal several times and I thought I might have gotten scammed.

I sent an email asking for an explanation as I thought she was in Illinois, USA and had no idea she is in Israel! and WHO IS Martin?

Instead of an explanation I got a reply stating I would have a tracking # in 12hours. I thanked her and thought GREAT.

I waited a day but no tracking #. I sent another email and was told I would have the knife in my hand in 4 days...but no tracking number. That went on for four days.

I never said anything regarding when the knife had to be shipped. I just wanted to be sure my payment was received. My shipping information would be included in the PayPal notification.

All I expected was that she would just do what she stated. Had she said the knife would be sent in a few days or a week, that would have been fine.

For 4 days she told me several times I would get the tracking information in so many hours but never sent it....just one excuse after another. She did offer a refund as the knife had not shipped.

After several times being told the knife would be shipped but then got another excuse, I lost my patience. I requested the tracking number or a refund.

I had also expressed my feeling that I thought it misleading having a location of "IL" when she is in Israel.

Excuse the length of this post but I tried to get the facts correct and in doing so I did not include all the details. There were some bad feelings on both sides of this failed deal and Ann (or Martin) actually requested I post this.

My money was refunded and apparently Ann has completed several successful transactions with happy customers. This was not one of them.

Bottom line however...None of this would have occurred if her location simply said "Israel". I did request her to change it to prevent further situations like this.

Peter

IL is the country code for Israel, but I can easily see how an American might mistake it for the state abbreviation for Illinois, just as Americans often confuse the country code for Canada with the state abbreviation for California. I've often wondered if the whole idea of abbreviating to only two letters might be abbreviating a little too far....

ISO 3166 Country Codes

Is Ann_Dem a dealer or just someone with alot of knives to sell?

The moderators looked into that, seeing she was selling so many knives, but it seems each one is unique -- she has never sold two of the same. It seems pretty clear she is disposing of a collection, exactly as she says she is.

I noticed a nice Boker knife for a good price in Production knives for sale.

I did notice a couple of compliments regarding dealing with her but I admittedly did not read the Threads thoroughly. I ADMIT: That was my mistake.

I did notice the location of "IL" however.

I responded in the Thread to see if it was still available. I didn't see a response so I sent an email.

I got a prompt response and it sounded good so I promptly sent payment through PayPal. When I received notification of the PayPal payment and it indicated it was an "international" transaction to a person named Martin G. in Israel, whom i'd never heard of? I became concerned.

I have received phony Home Pages for PayPal several times and I thought I might have gotten scammed.

I sent an email asking for an explanation as I thought she was in Illinois, USA and had no idea she is in Israel! and WHO IS Martin?

Instead of an explanation I got a reply stating I would have a tracking # in 12hours. I thanked her and thought GREAT.

I waited a day but no tracking #. I sent another email and was told I would have the knife in my hand in 4 days...but no tracking number. That went on for four days.

I never said anything regarding when the knife had to be shipped. I just wanted to be sure my payment was received. My shipping information would be included in the PayPal notification.

All I expected was that she would just do what she stated. Had she said the knife would be sent in a few days or a week, that would have been fine.

For 4 days she told me several times I would get the tracking information in so many hours but never sent it....just one excuse after another. She did offer a refund as the knife had not shipped.

After several times being told the knife would be shipped but then got another excuse, I lost my patience. I requested the tracking number or a refund.

I had also expressed my feeling that I thought it misleading having a location of "IL" when she is in Israel.

Excuse the length of this post but I tried to get the facts correct and in doing so I did not include all the details. There were some bad feelings on both sides of this failed deal and Ann (or Martin) actually requested I post this.

My money was refunded and apparently Ann has completed several successful transactions with happy customers. This was not one of them.

Bottom line however...None of this would have occurred if her location simply said "Israel". I did request her to change it to prevent further situations like this.

Peter

oh , you forgot to mention that you didn't replied to email where I'm asked for you shipping information.

so you know , it's kinda hard to ship a knife when you don't have the address.

the knife was shipped same hour once the shipping information was recieved.

also you forgot to mention , that you have called me a liar and tried to force me to change my detailes on my bladeforum profile.

anyhow , I'm done with you , I know now what kind if person you are , and that's all I gotta know.

good luck Peter.

The moderators looked into that, seeing she was selling so many knives, but it seems each one is unique -- she has never sold two of the same. It seems pretty clear she is disposing of a collection, exactly as she says she is.

Hey Allen , that's true.

more then that , I'm almost done selling all my collection , i dont have any special customs anymore =(((

Thanks for letting me improve our finance situation with my husband ... really thanks a lot.

To all anyone whois going to deal with Peter.

He's totally unpatient and unamateur.

To sum it up.

He asked for Boker knife and sent a paymenth by paypal.

After 12 hours he changed his mind , and tried to backpedal , telling me i'm a LIAR !!! that I'm putting IL description in my profile , which confused him (no he didn't even asked if it's overseas deal ) he also tried to force me to change MY bladeforums profile

that's was childish , you don't want the knife in the middle of deal , just tell me , as you see I refunded same minute you asked without questions.

but that still wasn't the problem, I clearly asked him FEW times , what's the shipping address. on which he NEVER replied with his address , i do REPEAT (never !)

so it's kinda hard to ship when you don't know where to..

for short , I'm just getting pissed off talking about this person , he 2 faced. he ruined his own good deal by his childish behavior and acting , therefore he comes here on bladeforum for attention.

Peter , cry me a river like I told ya before.

have a good one

ah and btw , about paypal thing

It's paypal account of our friend , and you know that , but no you should mention it here again , what a kind of person you are ?

BTW , your paypal account in UNVERIFIED and you got no single refference from ANYONE on bladeforum, ( so who should be worried ? )

FWIW i woulda thought IL was Illinois myself i havent ever seen Israel abbreviated like that.

learn something new every day, right?

FWIW i woulda thought IL was Illinois myself i havent ever seen Israel abbreviated like that.

learn something new every day, right?

I'll change the location to "Israel" right now.

But all it's takes , it's just to ask one time nicely , and not in such blatent manner as: "change your profile , or I'll expose to public you are trying to confuse them on purpose " ...

Well , anyhow , sorry for all this flame , I won't participiate in such threads anymore , many folks bought knives from me , and I keep in touch with them daily , so , I guess its just publicity for me , and not a NEGATIVE one as someone closely expects here.

;)

The only amateurish person here is Ann_Dem/Martin or Vlad or whomever the person in Israel is. The successive posts are complete LIES.

I feel the location was deliberately listed as "IL" so that people like myself would not realize it was someone in Israel you are dealing with. Additionally, my PayPal payment went to one man named Martin and the refund came from another name? If "Ann" is so honest, why all the deception?

I sent prompt payment in good faith and was anxiously awaiting to receive a knife I would be happy to receive. I NEVER changed my mind until I endured 4 days of lies and excuses, but no tracking number!

I have ALL of the emails and would be happy to provide them to anyone that wants to see the truth in print.

I am an honest person and expected nothing more than what I was told by this character known as Ann_Dem!

Peter

The only amateurish person here is Ann_Dem/Martin or Vlad or whomever the person in Israel is. The successive posts are complete LIES.

My name is Ann , who are you trying to fool tossing all those names up in here ?

I feel the location was deliberately listed as "IL" so that people like myself would not realize it was someone in Israel you are dealing with. Additionally, my PayPal payment went to one man named Martin and the refund came from another name? If "Ann" is so honest, why all the deception?

Oh right , I did it on purpose only because you think so ! mr. President.

Additionally , if you would ask , or read through my posts on BF , you would understand why I'm using paypal account of our friend.

You are trying to doubt my honesty ? You should try better Peter , cause all you would see by searching my name and history on BladeForums is lots of satisfied folks with their new knife came from my collection.

I sent prompt payment in good faith and was anxiously awaiting to receive a knife I would be happy to receive. I NEVER changed my mind until I endured 4 days of lies and excuses, but no tracking number!

I never lied to you , someone should wash your mouth with soap.

I have ALL of the emails and would be happy to provide them to anyone that wants to see the truth in print.

woah , this is awesome , guess what ? I have the same emails !

I am an honest person and expected nothing more than what I was told by this character known as Ann_Dem!

yes , I know you are upset for losing nice deal , and you are not amateur enough to face that you was acting childish and very unprofessional , however I'm not angry on you , I just let myself to forget about that , and wish you good luch in futher transactions.

Peter

p.s

Peter , you are on my ignore , thanks for your time.

The only things I am upset about are dealing with you and hearing one excuse/lie after another for 4 days until I had enough of your games!

Now you continue to tell lies to try to obscure the facts. Everything i've said is accurate. It is not my fault if you are embarrassed by THE TRUTH!

I suggest you get yourself an english dictionary and spend your time reading that instead of YOUR CHILDISH outbursts posted in this thread!

Peter

Post the emails or have done with it. I figure at least one of you is stretching the truth... or, seeing as how ann_dem does have good feedback here, maybe there was just a miscommunication, something lost in translation.

either way, this bandying back and forth serves no purpose. As is, none of us can tell who, if anyone, is in the wrong here.

That is what this forum is for right?

Enough said. Unfortunately, I am not at a location with access to my Yahoo mail. I will post email when I get home this evening.

Peter

Back