My First Barlow Giveaway - Winner Chosen

You may be asking yourself, "is this a giveaway of his first Barlow or is this his first giveaway of a Barlow?" Well, friends, it's both!

Today, February 12, 2017 marks the one year anniversary of my first post on the Porch. To celebrate and as a way of saying thank you to this wonderful community I'm hosting a giveaway of my Camillus 51 Barlow.

62e7f25e29a63898d11fb41e02de3c63.jpg

It was my first Barlow, but I've carried it only a handful of times. It turns out I greatly prefer my jack knives to have a single blade. Camillus made great knives, though, and this one deserves to be carried and used. I hope it will find an enthusiastic new owner through this giveaway.

Rules:
- Must have at least 10 non-giveaway-related posts in the Traditionals Forum prior to the time of this post.
- Must be 18 years or older and legally able to own and receive this knife.
- I'm happy to ship anywhere in the world. However, if shipping internationally, any customs fees are your responsibility. I ask that you only enter if there's a reasonable certainty it will make it to you through customs.

To enter, your post must unambiguously state that you are in by using, for example, a phrase like "I'm in" or "count me in". If this would be your first Barlow, say so and you'll get an extra 3/4 entry. If this would be your first Camillus-branded knife, say so and you'll get an extra 1/2 entry. If this is the first GAW you've entered on the porch, say so, and you'll get an extra 1/4 entry.

I'll pick the winner on Tuesday, February 21.

If you'd like to share a bit in your post, I'd encourage you to tell about something that made you smile this past week.

Last edited:
Not an entry. I just wanted to say thanks for helping make the porch such a great place to hang out.

I am in good sir! It just so happens that I just got into traditionals so I only have a case trapper so far. I am very interested in collecting Barlows. This would be my first Barlow, first camillus, and first Gaw! As for what made me smile this week I would have to say when several members chipped in and gave big biscuit a checkered Tc Barlow. Thanks again!

Daniel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've actually been eyeing a Barlow to add to my collection, so I'm in. Not my first Camillus, that's my old Cub Scout knife, but would be my first Barlow. And thanks for the awesome contest. As for something that made me smile, that would be the chance today to spend some quality time with my niece and nephew. I'm the "cool uncle" who always gets into mischief with them, so they like hanging out with me.

Not an entry, but thanks for helping make the porch such a great place.

I'm in, and it would be my first Barlow and first Camillus.

My daughter came home from college this weekend, that made me happy. She said she cant believe she had not thrown a knife (after being here for 12 hours), that made me happier. And we planned a camping trip this summer, that made me happiest

Not an entry but what a great knife! And fun rules. I will say I thought I lost an Atwood piece over the weekend due to my stupidity, and purely due to good fortune found said item. That made me smile hugely, as it was gifted to me. Good luck to all entrants, and nice one Whittlin' Away!
Thanks, Neal

Please do not count me in Greg . I have 3 of the Camillus Barlows and they are some great knives , but you are showing the finest one that I have seen . Whoever gets that one will be very lucky . Well done my friend .

Harry

I'm in! Thanks for the chance... I owned several barlows but never one from Camillus. Looks very nice, thanks again!

Great GAW! I'm in, and while this would be far from my first Barlow it would be my first Camillus. Thanks!!

I'm in... it wouldn't be my first, but it would be sweet. What made me smile this week? Baby #4 getting ever more sure-footed as she learns to walk. Good luck everyone! Thanks for the generosity.

Shoot, why not. I'm in, and this will be my first GAW on the forums as well as my first Camillus.

Thanks for the opportunity!

I'm in. Not my first Barlow.

What made me smile this week? My younger son turned 7 on Saturday. It was fun hanging out with family and eating good food.

Last edited:
Well time passes fast when you have fun, congrats on 1st year of many. Great GAW knife.
Please don't count me in, I let someone else the chance as I probably will keep it in the drawer.

Mike

Thank you, I'm in! This would be my first Camillus ever, so I'd love to win. We just got back to the hotel room from attending the 59th Grammy Awards in L.A., so I had a lot of smiles tonight! It was a very entertaining show.

Back