My first folder

Make sure you can pattern the choke tube wrench from one he has they are not all the same....

Don't forget the "Toothpick"...

Choke wrench luckily won't be an issue, his duck gun takes the same chokes as one of mine.
Probably be a little while yet before I start on the thing, I'll need to order a few more material (thinner Titanium, longer screws, ect). Its going to be a bit of a challenge to keep the thing thin enough as to not feel like a Cuban cigar in your pocket....

Two bladed liner locks work out well. I can't remember if I ever did a three blade. It will be a good project for you Geoff !!!
Frank

My thinking was to have the middle liner be the 68 thou Titanium, with it continuing out the butt of the handle by 1/8" or so to form a fixed in place choke wrench. Then use 40 thou Titanium for the two outer liners, and have both leaves Bend in towards the middle of the handle.

I'm probably doing a terrible job of explaining this, so I'll post a picture of my prototype pattern when I eventually do it up.

My end goal with folders has always been 3 and 5 blade slipjoints, so any practice of cramming multiple things in something small should be good

But now that you mention it, a 3 blade liner look could be an interesting project. Probably be a good learning experience in making something as thin as possible.

This rabbit hole is becoming a cave....

Back