My first Rat

To all...I apologize for bringing the 'Martin Swinkles site to 'BladeForums'. I've been off the BladeForum grid for quite awhile and didn't know this happened. I did business with him in '2009 and I was very satisfied. I'm sorry he fell on bad times. I don't know what the issues is/was, but once a reputation is destroyed it takes years to repair.

SJ

All good here man. By all accounts the sheaths themselves were wonderful. I've always admired them, never owned one. It was too bad it all went south. There are some other makers doing hybrids. IIRC The 710 is doing some in that line and he is a member here.

All good here man. By all accounts the sheaths themselves were wonderful. I've always admired them, never owned one. It was too bad it all went south. There are some other makers doing hybrids. IIRC The 710 is doing some in that line and he is a member here.

I'll have to look into his wares when I can!

Got my new Gen 1 Ratweiler last night! Never sharpened or used. Very happy with it so far..my first Busse/kin knife. Handle will take a bit of getting used to but I think I got a great deal overall. Any idea of a kydex maker that may have a pattern for a Gen1 Rat? :).

Swamp%20Rat.jpg

Nice score, I picked up one of these myself a few weeks ago thanks to some contacts here on the forum.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1300920-Finally-got-a-Swamp-Rat

I think you made a great choice; to me it is the "quintessential" old school Swamp Rat design. Hang on to it. It's a cool collector's item; there are a limited number of them and they cannot be replaced, even by the manufacturer. Just a super nice blade design and still affordable if you can find one.

Back