My first Swamp Rat is a MMD

This is the perfect blade tt me. Now. Hear me out. "To me" being the words to concentrate on here obviously.

INFI. Check
Under .25" thick. Check
Over 8" long blade. Check
Over 1" wide blade. Check
Full flat grind. Check
Less choil. Check!

That last one is the real reason I'm so excited about this one tbh. It's speedy! Balanced! The spine is sharp enough.

I think it's super. I may seriously never buy another knife. I just have this strange feeling of contentment right now. My INFI MMD will protect me.

Passed at the time because I have so many other choppers, but you've made me want one again. Congrats!!

This is the perfect blade tt me. Now. Hear me out. "To me" being the words to concentrate on here obviously.

INFI. Check
Under .25" thick. Check
Over 8" long blade. Check
Over 1" wide blade. Check
Full flat grind. Check
Less choil. Check!

That last one is the real reason I'm so excited about this one tbh. It's speedy! Balanced! The spine is sharp enough.

I think it's super. I may seriously never buy another knife. I just have this strange feeling of contentment right now. My INFI MMD will protect me.

;)

I haven’t had any problems with rust once I scrubbed off completely what they call the decarb layer off my original sr77. At <4% chromium it’s not as stain resistant as infi, nor does it seem to hold as sharp an edge for as long. Maybe I’ve got to convex the edge as it is no doubt the king of choppers, I assume it weighs twice as much as the full flat version. I’ve seen sr77 dogs put through a vise and bent into a semicircle, something I wouldn’t try with infi(almost 8%chromium).
My mmd is on the short list to accompany my planned retirement in the wilderness.

Back