My Kindergartner was unfairly suspended for a butter knife in California?

I get a lot of calls from prospective claimants who are full of shit, this sounds just like one.

Sue her. I can thin think of a bunch of 4 and 5 letter words that describe her and she deserves everything coming at her. She also lied about you kicking the door to the cops so that in and of its self is a crime. Have the secretary supeonad and have her locked up. If it really bothers you enough, hire a PI to dig up some dirt and turn it into the proper authorities (undeclared property, infidelity, family in the country illegally) Basicly do everything you can to screw up her life, thats what i would do. The again i get really angry with people who do this kind of stuff and don't forgive people easily.

The principle in my grand-daughter's pre-school looked out the window and saw a guy across the street sitting on his front porch with a BB gun. He locked down the school and summoned a SWAT Team. The poor bastard with the BB gun is is probably on the hard rock pile.

I get a lot of calls from prospective claimants who are full of shit, this sounds just like one.

What?? Are you calling the OP a liar? that sure is what this sounds like. This is your contribution to this thread? :barf:

Yes, the OP's story is highly implausible.

So, you're saying that he made the whole thing up...ummm...why? For attention? Or, is that you? you have a lot of experience with dealing with school systems then? as you can see by all the responses, this is a fairly hot topic. whatever your opinion may be, jumping into a thread just to call the OP a liar is not a good idea. those are fighting words, and i am not even the OP. unbelievable. you sir, are a tremendous prick.

So, you're saying that he made the whole thing up...ummm...why? For attention? Or, is that you? you have a lot of experience with dealing with school systems then? as you can see by all the responses, this is a fairly hot topic. whatever your opinion may be, jumping into a thread just to call the OP a liar is not a good idea. those are fighting words, and i am not even the OP. unbelievable. you sir, are a tremendous prick.

I see intentionally falsified torts every day and this has all the hallmarks of one.

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by the reaction of the principle in 2014, not that I agree with her.
You need a lawyer.

I can't believe you would allow your kindergartner (5 years old?) to be alone with anyone to be 'questioned'. The only way I would allow my child (at any age) to be questioned by authority without my wife and/or I present would be if she was with our lawyer or if I was in chains or dead.
Our children are instructed to say nothing until we get to them if they are ever detained at school or by the police. Unless of course someone is in danger and they have information that could help them. Other than that, NOTHING.

I appreciate all the support and advice. :thumbup:

John_0917, you're entitled to your opinion, but everything I said is true (I have the false reports she filed and photos for proof, if my son's teacher and school secretary need to be subpoenaed as witnesses -so be it). If you have nothing positive to contribute. F*ck off.

Thank you to everyone else. My lawyer is on the case now. Will keep you guys updated.

I don't know why anyone would be surprised by the reaction of the principle in 2014, not that I agree with her.
You need a lawyer.

I can't believe you would allow your kindergartner (5 years old?) to be alone with anyone to be 'questioned'. The only way I would allow my child (at any age) to be questioned by authority without my wife and/or I present would be if she was with our lawyer or if I was in chains or dead.
Our children are instructed to say nothing until we get to them if they are ever detained at school or by the police. Unless of course someone is in danger and they have information that could help them. Other than that, NOTHING.

I didn't allow it. They questioned him for almost an hour without me present, when I arrived they closed the door on me. I waited for something like 30 seconds (which seemed like hours) before knocking and opening the door. Trust me, I handled the situation well. Things could have gone a lot more south if I wanted them to.

I didn't allow it. They questioned him for almost an hour without me present, when I arrived they closed the door on me. I waited for something like 30 seconds (which seemed like hours) before knocking and opening the door. Trust me, I handled the situation well. Things could have gone a lot more south if I wanted them to.

I guess I read your OP as it was an hour after you got there that he was alone with them. I got it now.

I hate this for you and your family. Good luck.

I appreciate all the support and advice. :thumbup:

John_0917, you're entitled to your opinion, but everything I said is true (I have the false reports she filed and photos for proof, if my son's teacher and school secretary need to be subpoenaed as witnesses -so be it). If you have nothing positive to contribute. F*ck off.

Thank you to everyone else. My lawyer is on the case now. Will keep you guys updated.

I have fortunately had very few run-ins with the school system we are in. i did have one. we had combined classes in the 1st and 2nd grades. we received notification that my son was going to be going into the 2nd grade into one of these combined classes. the only kid that was going to be integrated into this classroom. he would then be completely isolated from the friends he already had....different lunch, recess, etc.

i met with the principle. his comment was that "kids can bounce back." it was worse than that, but i forget exactly what it was. i do remember that he admitted that this was not a good situation, but they had to choose someone to put in this class. my son was a very laid back, go-with-the-flow kind of kid. so, i told the guy that it was despicable that they are punishing him just because they can think he can "take it."

his response was essentially, "too bad, so sad. see ya."

i then met with the superintendent. his response was the same. until, i happened to mention that all the other families had received instruction from teachers on their placement questionnaires. i.e. what should i fill in so that my son/daughter would not get put in this class in the second year. he actually looked at me for the first time and said, "that should not have happened. i will look into this."

i received a letter the next week that my son was to be placed in a different class...with all his other friends.

this was a long time ago and is small potatoes to what you are dealing with. but, i understand the frustration trying to deal with a system that is completely comfortable punishing the children and defending it by concluding, "that's just the way it is."

I guess I read your OP as it was an hour after you got there that he was alone with them. I got it now.

I hate this for you and your family. Good luck.

No worries. Thanks man. :thumbup:

It's nice having some place to vent. We didn't tell other parents yet, they all keep asking (it sucks as our kids used to have playdates and birthday parties, etc.), but we were advised not to say anything -and give the school district a chance to fix things first. If they don't then we don't have any other option but to go to the media; and to let the PTA and all the parents in the school know.

Another problem we were facing is that the school district is in a very prestigious neighborhood and they have a lot of lawyers and money. My wife and I contacted at least 40 lawyers in the Los Angeles area and only two agreed to help. As soon as the majority heard that it was against a school district, it seemed like they lost interest immediately.

Last edited:
No worries. Thanks man. :thumbup:

It's nice having some place to vent. We didn't tell other parents yet, they all keep asking (it sucks as our kids used to have playdates and birthday parties, etc.), but we were advised not to say anything -and give the school district a chance to fix things first. If they don't then we don't have any other option but to go to the media; and to let the PTA and all the parents in the school know.

Another problem we were facing is that the school district is in a very prestigious neighborhood and they have a lot of lawyers and money. My wife and I contacted at least 40 lawyers in the Los Angeles area and only two agreed to help. As soon as the majority heard that it was against a school district, it seemed like they lost interest immediately.

That's because they know your "story" is bullshit.

Back