My knife doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, my health has improved, and I have had eye surgery. But I am sincere in my point that you have to allow people to change.

For example, you are correct in discussing my life in my twenties. But you would be incorrect if you kept up that narrative after I turned 28. I got a job with the state, I got engaged, I got married (and stayed loyal for 40 years) I joined a SDA church, and I am now retired. How come those segments aren't posted?

From my point of view I am not a singular example of a "guy who aged and woke up." Again, men change from being 20 to 70. Tell the whole story, not only only three years of my life. Of course, that would be boring...

Yes, my health has improved, and I have had eye surgery. But I am sincere in my point that you have to allow people to change.

For example, you are correct in discussing my life in my twenties. But you would be incorrect if you kept up that narrative after I turned 28. I got a job with the state, I got engaged, I got married (and stayed loyal for 40 years) I joined a SDA church, and I am now retired. How come those segments aren't posted?

From my point of view I am not a singular example of a "guy who aged and woke up." Again, men change from being 20 to 70. Tell the whole story, not only only three years of my life. Of course, that would be boring...
Well, I said I wouldn't post further. I apologize for breaking my word.

If you are 70 now, and you were banned here about 10 years ago, I think we can all agree I am not talking about your behavior in your 20s. You are continuing to purposefully display ignorance to garner attention as a means of trolling.

Anyone can look at your previous post history as @The Tourist. or, do you deny that was you?

This was 10 years ago. Does it sound like a guy thinks spyderco names their knives maxamet?

I have found my niche' in the sharpening world to be "botique sharpening." Think of it as being a concierge service. And the reasons are just preserving my retirement time and and my likes and dislikes.

Granted, I earned my bones initially setting up in a sporting goods store, and I still see those guys. But how many hoof knives, requests for lawnmower blades and cheap Pakistani tools can a guy tolerate?

I would rather do work that I was proud of, and looked forward to completing. I called Ben Dale of Edge Pro with my concerns, and after designing better polishing equipment (and utilizing bits and pieces from three other companies) I changed up my game.

The answer to "why so sharp" is simply that I got tired of handling crap and fixing junk. I've had slob hunters ask me to fix deer knives still dripping with the blood of a fresh kill. I've had to wash hoof knives still reeking with manure. I've had idiots argue with me about pricing--but still wanting the service.

There's an old adage that states, "If you pay peanuts you get monkeys." And frankly, if you sharpen for monkeys they just come back with their simian brother-inlaw.

This makes my personal EDC more of a rolling billboard. If you want a knife like mine, then bring me something you value and wish to pay for with a fair wage.

Besides, it's motorcycle season as I write this. I'm retired. Who wants to work, at all.:D
Do you deny that was you? What happened in the ten years to turn you from an expert sharpener, dealing with companies, into a complete knife noob? There are literally thousands of post by you proving you either suffered complete memory loss or you know way more than the way you are acting now.

If you want people to take you seriously, you should explain yourself one way or the other.

Well, craytab, I believe you cannot judge a man by three years of his life. For example, I know lots of guys whose wives died young. Shall we take a microscope to their lives in transition, leaving out the 'before' and 'after'? Or do you just want to hear about the drinking and remorse?

You know only one facet of my life. Did you know my MC is famous in Madison for charity work? Have you called the Adventist Church here locally and asked about who they know me as?

Of course you didn't investigate that boring stuff! It's more fun to cookie-cut a few fact snippets and print that as freestanding "history."

When do we get to investigate your past, or is that off limits?

Well, craytab, I believe you cannot judge a man by three years of his life. For example, I know lots of guys whose wives died young. Shall we take a microscope to their lives in transition, leaving out the 'before' and 'after'? Or do you just want to hear about the drinking and remorse?

You know only one facet of my life. Did you know my MC is famous in Madison for charity work? Have you called the Adventist Church here locally and asked about who they know me as?

Of course you didn't investigate that boring stuff! It's more fun to cookie-cut a few fact snippets and print that as freestanding "history."

And there it is. How quickly the dummy act gets dropped and turns to threats. Investigate away. My post history is all available and I have nothing to hide.

I don't think asking you to be honest and stop playing games is too much. Just be a normal knife nut on the internet. No need to make junk up or pretend to be something you aren't. For whatever reason you have been given another chance here, and this is what you are doing with it? Seriously, stop and look at the situation for a minute. If you are here to talk about knives, just be normal and talk about knives like 99.99% of the rest of us. If you are here to troll for attention, you'll get called on it. People don't like putting up with BS when trying to seriously discuss their passionate hobby.

Deny this is you:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/what-a-long-strange-trip.403116/

And with that, I'm done. If people want to give you the time of day after reading this, that is on them. Take care.

Last edited:
Maybe that new sickness actually leads to memory loss... what was it called again? Corn... Cornea sickness, no...

“You know, the thing” ;)

Would you mind not posting anymore? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back