1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My LC200N Mule Rusted. How is that possible??

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by neffarious, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Chris "Anagarika"

Chris "Anagarika"

Mar 7, 2001
    Crevice corrosion is what appears between scale and liner on my FRN Endura I guess?

2. Brandon Nelson

Brandon Nelson

Jan 16, 2019
    Any more updates on the root cause? I have a waterway which should see some heavy use on the coast time to time and have a Native 5 Salt inbound. I'm considering a SpydieChef if I can ever find one in stock so I'm curious to see how these hold up.

3. GatorFlash1

GatorFlash1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2012
    It might be a bad case of RED TIDE!

Bigfattyt likes this.
  4. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Others have already suggested, rust from cross contamination of grinding belts or dust etc in the work environment.

5. neffarious

neffarious Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Based on what I read I suspect Crevice Corrosion is the cause/ I just sent Caribbean back and had it replaced this past week or so. The liners and hardware had developed some rust as well. I'm giving up on folding LC200n. I got a Waterway and am calling it a day. The scales are glued with no hardware. I've taken it out and it's gotten an all day ocean bath in the same place that the Caribbean didn't make it through. so far so good.

uxo2 likes this.