My LC200N Mule Rusted. How is that possible??

Has anyone looked at crevice corrosion as a possible cause. Rigging on boats suffers crevice corrosion in 316 stainless all the time. Google crevice corrosion on Wikipedia definitely worth a read.

Crevice corrosion is what appears between scale and liner on my FRN Endura I guess?

Any more updates on the root cause? I have a waterway which should see some heavy use on the coast time to time and have a Native 5 Salt inbound. I'm considering a SpydieChef if I can ever find one in stock so I'm curious to see how these hold up.

Others have already suggested, rust from cross contamination of grinding belts or dust etc in the work environment.

Based on what I read I suspect Crevice Corrosion is the cause/ I just sent Caribbean back and had it replaced this past week or so. The liners and hardware had developed some rust as well. I'm giving up on folding LC200n. I got a Waterway and am calling it a day. The scales are glued with no hardware. I've taken it out and it's gotten an all day ocean bath in the same place that the Caribbean didn't make it through. so far so good.

Back