My New BK-7 and Thoughts...

I keep thinking to get a BK7 but I got 3 BK9s... still the mid sized blade will make a great beater blade, I got a spare set if micarta's waiting for a BK I got when I thought BK4s were going to be findable. Just a matter of money...mid sized, good steel and a saber grind, come to learn the thumb ramp does help with critter gut'n and cut'n for keeping hand from sliding some. Still think it would be better for general purpose over a BK10.
Another one of the many good things about Beckers lots of options :thumbsup:

I love my 7’s!
My favorite part is where he says he savin money from not buying other knives lmao.
Ahhh yeah...I remember my first Becker...did not save me dime
We’ll see how that works out, he been bit by the Becker bug!

Your BK2 will be your short beater blade. Short, tough, jack of all trades and some say master of none. But really if it is a jack of all trades its mastered being more useful than some specialized niche knife. The BK7 will do things better than the thicker blade and longer blade will come in handy for a multi-tool is my guess. If you want a more shorter knife maybe a tweener if you want some thing msaller and more specialized. For specific hunting knife I have to say the BK10 would be better made for it, besides its "Tooly" things its advertised for.

Just remember the skeletolized handle is really wimpy when you dip it in liquid nitrogen and smash the handle and blade with a maul every day.

I like my 7 rough and ready...

2G2rrkb.jpg

Back