My thoughts on the Field knife.

Wow that would be great !! Just so you know I am in Canada. Hopefully that doesn't affect your decision. lol

Nathan allows the proxy buyer to pass the spot over to the end user, so you can just pay Nathan directly, and he can ship to you directly. Better get in on this now before it changes!!

I just wanted to publicly thank PharetH for his offer to proxy buy for me. I have however decided to pass on the Field Knife at this time and save my funds for the upcoming Survival Knife.
Thanks PharetH!!

I just wanted to publicly thank PharetH for his offer to proxy buy for me. I have however decided to pass on the Field Knife at this time and save my funds for the upcoming Survival Knife.
Thanks PharetH!!

No Problem, happy to help. Anybody else need a proxy who wouldn't otherwise be able to get one?

No Problem, happy to help. Anybody else need a proxy who wouldn't otherwise be able to get one?

That would be spectacular! My work takes me back and forth across our southern border... and my attempts via phone have been waaaay late. I had resigned to just waiting it out- which could be a long time.

I will literally be in a job interview(s) on Nov 11 at 3pm, but the game plan is to "have to go to the bathroom" around 255. If anyone already has a FK, and would be able to proxy, that'd be incredible. I know its a long shot, and like I said, I am going to try my best to get online then... Thanks Justin for getting this knife stuck on my mind- got to have one!;)

Exciting news. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing what kind of handles you come up with!

Exciting news. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing what kind of handles you come up with!

Already thinking about it... I have 2 or 3 pieces of really nice curly maple in my personal stash that I have been thinking will make a nice matching set for an FK and an EDC!

Nice writing.

I had one as a catch/release.

I have size SM hands, and the handle shaping was almost perfect, even for my small hands. As for the machining. Wow. Every time I would come home, I could not wait to take if off the shelf, and look at every little detail. Amazing details. Since it isn't a flashy knife, you have to knowingly look, and maybe look again, to appreciate all that craftsmanship.

Nathan goes way beyond the extra mile to make a product that isn't just good looking, but very very good.

I know this is an old thread but me being a newbie with the fk it’s a good read. Thanks JF.

I agree that there're some really good reads in the older threads within this subform and also some really great ones if a searcher knows some more advanced how-to of the search features, in order to dig out some of Nathan's WIP threads posted over there on the Knife Makers' forums.

While making new threads is gratifying as they get quicker attention, many of the questions have in fact been answered in the past. I keep saying, "learning is remembering" a quote which stuck with me when I came across it first (attributed to Plato).

Man I really like your review as well. And you know I dig Nathan and team's work. So, that said, I respect that this knife meets so many critical expectations and feels good to boot.

That said, despite the near universal acclaim for the FK, after holding several I knew I did not share your love of them and so passed them onward. Just not the combination of ergonomics, weight, and feel that I was looking for. I do believe most modern knife collectors and users can find a lot to like here, so YMMV.

That video was impressive. Edge stability/strength, whatever it is, to match up with INFI like that is simply amazing. Now gotta see this same test with CPK 3V, Delta 3V, INFI and 4V.

Back