Mycelium to meet ya!

02eazrK.jpg

one of my all time favourites!

Made a 2nd batch of TURKEY TAIL TEA today. Quite a delicious tea - surprisingly floral but not in a cloying way.

Very nice cold - 1/2 & 1/2 with Macintosh apple cider.

Blade-&-Turkey-Tails.jpg

Turkey-Tails.jpg

Wife has been making HEN OF THE WOODS JERKY - too much like eating rubber bands for me - though her sauce is excellent. Once you suck off the sauce just spit out the shroom. ;) Kind of a waste, really, so I leave it all for her.

Hen-of-the-woods-II.jpg

Ganoderma? Looks like hemlock
pretty sure it's fir, but not 100%
couldn't tell you what the fungus is, I'm not in any way an expert but I do love them mushroomy type organisms

that last haul^ wasn't bad, one meal's worth. But today...
tjSYFXa.jpg

I learned that these little guys are called Rosie Oysterlings. Edible but gross, apparently. I just love seeing mushrooms pop up in unexpected ways
Ei4RkKP.jpg

Looks bread like - but nothing edible here. We had a very poor edible mushroom season due to the incredible dry weather this year.
Winter is not wet either. Barely any snow as of January 11. :(

Puukko by Jelio.

Jelio-on-crenalated-polypore.jpg

Last edited:
Looks bread like - but nothing edible here. We had a very poor edible mushroom season due to the incredible dry weather this year.
Winter is not wet either. Barely any snow as of January 11. :(

Puukko by Jelio.

View attachment 2042462I
I've got one of those jelio jelio knives myself- the man makes a great knife

found this enormous mukitake. Just on the verge of being over ripe, and I had to remove some beetles, but this bad boy is going into our lasagna tonight
h2yWNT6.jpg

Back