Mycelium to meet ya!

there was a mushroom festival last weekend we went to. It was pretty low key, but pretty informative. I picked up a mushroom guidebook and I think I'm getting the mushroom id bug
WHMuaAd.jpg

Taken late August this year during our road trip - at a wild camp in North Central Saskatchewan, a province I had only known from earlier crossings via the South for its dry prairies and singing roadsides. Kindly pardon the use of my foot for perspective ... the dog was busy 🐾 😄

IMG_20230823_161005301.jpg

Taken late August this year during our road trip - at a wild camp in North Central Saskatchewan, a province I had only known from earlier crossings via the South for its dry prairies and singing roadsides. Kindly pardon the use of my foot for perspective ... the dog was busy 🐾 😄

View attachment 2397255
is that porcini?

I understand that the cap of a porcini can reach a foot in diameter ... but must admit my id skills are sadly lacking. This one was out in the open (hot summer) as well. Finding it in Saskatchewan just West of Flin FLon Manitoba - well, it surprised me. In several of the wild camps I took across the prairies, I found mushrooms in regions where it was hard to find enough tree cover to hide the vehicle. I recall thinking at the time, what a meal it would make!

Edited to add:

IMG_20230828_175653103_HDR 2.jpg

IMG_20230823_160835814.jpg

IMG_20230823_165958012.jpg

Last edited:
Back