Mystery Ranch Fun in Da House! Metcalf Bag

Just curious blgoode, why did you get rid of the METCALF? and your thoughts on using it when it was not fully load, more of a day pack role

The nice frame was not as comfortable when loaded with 35-45 lbs as I thought it should be. It always sagged on me and pulled on my shoulders. The Kifaru belt and frame huggs me better and doesn't pull poem on me even when with 60lbs.

Thanks again, I looked a lot of reviews and it seemed 65 % of people like them and 35% did not hate them but felt they did not live up to their task. I picked one up on Monday after purging my gear for most of the funds to buy it, waiting for it to arrive so we will see. The only other MR I have owned was a three day pack I bought seconds hand and quickly sold cause I had way to many bags so i d i didnt get to use it.. The only other "heavy duty" type frame I have tried was aeblerlestock F1, well made but did not fit me well. My problem is the only way to tell is to buy and use it but you end up losing $$ in the process. Thanks again.

I enjoyed mine a lot. Took 2 years of use before I felt that the fit could be better. No regrets getting one. I still run a Sweet Pea quite a bit.

I used the mess out of the nice frame. It may be exactly what your needing. For me I needed a better fit but it took a lot of use before I could tell that I needed an upgrade.

I know this is an old thread but i just sold 80% of my gear to buy the metcalf, I know I probably won't need the long pockets but does anyone know how the long pockets if on the metcalf?

I just put a pair of long pockets on my Metcalf to try the setup out They fit fine using the side compression straps. I've not loaded the pack up with them on there yet, but they definitely fit just fine.

Thanks jerkeejoe, I passed on the side pockets the metcalf has way more room than expected. I think I could alway mount my HPG tara on it if I really needed more room, not to mention the top lid also has plenty of space
So far I am happy with it but still in the very early stages of feeling it out.

Back